Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Post a picture you took in the last week.

Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:17 pm

Just do it man. I sucked shit for 36 years before I went on a cool vacation. I get why people go for the luxury shit even tho it’s not totally for me. Glad I experienced it but it will be 5 years minimum before I do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Re: Post a picture you took in the last week.

Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:24 pm

A Central America trip can be done for super cheap even with nice lodging. Way cheaper than a trip to Vegas, Florida ect. Travel, food and lodging are all very affordable. Just need to avoid the touristy areas. Some of my buddies who guide in Alaska live down there for a couple months of the year in the winter and their cost of living is lower than when living in the states.

The only expensive part of my trips down there is the fishing to pay for the boat, gas and the guide. And that is still way cheaper than in the states. If you want to do shore or flats fishing similar to DD that can be done for free with a little knowledge on locations, tactics and some basic gear.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:20 pm

I honestly don't even care if I fish just getting away somewhere sunny away from here in winter is all I need

Eventually it's be cool to do some fishing but honestly gf gets sea sick easily anyways. I doubt I have any buddies who would want to do a warm weather destination fishing trip. Maybe my dad and some of his buddies

Just give me endless drinks on a warm beach and I'm good with that as a starting point. I've basically got a free 4-5 night trip just in credit card rewards so I'll probably give her passports for her birthday in May then we ready for next winter

Maybe do something cooler this summer in the meantime if I get a newer roadworthy truck like Yellowstone or Glacier I've never been to the rockies just a short stint in the cascades. Or go back there Pacific Northwest was pretty cool

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:22 pm

She does really want to go see her cousin again in Alaska with me as I've never been there so that's on the list too eventually

There's a lot to do and see time to start chipping away

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:28 pm

Just do shore or flats stuff for fishing. The big trolling stuff doesn’t really interest me.

You should look into Xcaret in Playa Del Carmen. All inclusive, so endless drinks all day.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:46 pm

Thanks ...I've taken a liking to the Dominican Republic as a straight vacation. Feels more desolate/islandy vs Mexico from the vids I've watched. But I'll take another look at playa.

I dunno as of now...again as straight vacation...I'd like to go to the Dominican Republic, Thailand, and the Maldives. Just from the hours of travel vids I've watched. I've watched plenty from other places but feel those are my top spots to travel as strictly vacation for me. Maldives is honeymoon goal. It's just the perfect place for us it's so desolate and beautiful...we both hate people and would have no problem being in an over water villa by ourselves for a week with zero human interaction

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:47 am

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:Just do shore or flats stuff for fishing. The big trolling stuff doesn’t really interest me.

You should look into Xcaret in Playa Del Carmen. All inclusive, so endless drinks all day.

Offshore fishing does not have to be trolling. We trolled for about 45 minutes of our Colombia trip for sailfish and the rest was casting and jigging. We
Caught over 100 yellowfin on the trip offshore and every one was casting. Tuna on giant poppers was a riot. We caught a bunch of species jigging. You can even do well on marlin casting or on live bait. Marlin on the fly is one of the goals of next years trip.

Flats fishing is cool and all but you can fish offshore and inshore and catch all kinds of fish all kinds of ways and never troll. Just sayin.

Personally I hate all inclusives. I’ve done it a couple times and feel like I need to stay at the resort to get my monies worth. I like to get out and see the country when we aren’t fishing. Beer was $1 a piece at bars in Colombia and about $2 a piece in Mexico. That is if you avoid the tourist areas. Food is about a quarter to half the price as it is here eating out and even cheaper if you buy and cook yourself.
Last edited by Nershi on Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:50 am

Thailand is on my list of destinations. My buddy did three weeks there for his honeymoon and it looked amazing.

There was some really cool remote beech spots in Colombia that you can only get to by a penga. When we go back that is probably the route we’ll go and just have the guide pick us up in the morning.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Post a picture you took in the last week.

Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:50 am

I was just saying that cause he said he gets sea sick, but what you have described sounds pretty amazing tbh.

I also like the idea of seeing more of the country than staying in the resort, but I’m a mildly anxious person and my wife is a very anxious person, which makes chopping it up on a local scene hard.

Last edited by Drunk_Dynasty on Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:28 pm

Ya my gf is very anxious going anywhere with her is definitely not an exploration type of trip in a foreign country. At least city wise and outside tourism areas. I think she'd be fine like hiking to waterfalls or beaches etc but definitely not ok on boats and around masses of people in strange new places.

Sometimes just flying is a chore last time we flew somewhere was Seattle like 2017 she was crying and having a panic attack in the terminal
Thought I was gonna have to ditch her there and have her dad pick her up lol

So I don't even know how all these dreams would go maybe we'll be taking a lot of road trips instead lmao

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”