Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Re: Post a picture you took in the last week.

Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:43 pm

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Ya my gf is very anxious going anywhere with her is definitely not an exploration type of trip in a foreign country. At least city wise and outside tourism areas. I think she'd be fine like hiking to waterfalls or beaches etc but definitely not ok on boats and around masses of people in strange new places.

Sometimes just flying is a chore last time we flew somewhere was Seattle like 2017 she was crying and having a panic attack in the terminal
Thought I was gonna have to ditch her there and have her dad pick her up lol

So I don't even know how all these dreams would go maybe we'll be taking a lot of road trips instead lmao

Not saying this to be rude, but she could consider therapy. Just give it some thought. It helped a lot with my wife, and we fight way less than we used to now because she's just more emotionally stable and less reactive.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:34 pm

If it is primarily flight/travel anxiety she should talk to her doc about some meds. My close buddy used to hate flying due to anxiety. A couple times he walked out of the airport and bailed on his flight and vacation. Now he gets Lorazepam from his doc prior to flights and flying is a breeze. He only takes it before flights and does not use while on vacation or on the regular.

I know some people use Xanax too. But don’t take that shit long term. Benzos are a nasty drug if on a scrip and/or addicted to it.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:05 pm

I’ve only used Xanax recreationally, but I can see how someone with anxiety could get hooked. Benzos are nasty indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:57 pm

She has done some counselling stuff for a while but it's been a few years and she's been on and off some meds for it.

It's never really been an issue for our relationship we just tend to not do a lot. Which I don't mind anyway I fugging hate going in public.

But I think she's flown to Alaska like twice in the last 4 years and haven't had any issues so whatever she's on must be helping.

But even like going out to eat with my sisters/mom. They all like to go to Minneapolis and the gf absolutely hates it she'll have breakdowns. She's just gonna stop going I think we both hate that kind of scene even without the anxiety attacks anyways

kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:33 pm

First and last bear to get tanned. Expensive these days. 350 for the tan and another 140 to turn the claws and lips and ears. Did 75% of the fleshing before I brought it in. Image

Sent from my SM-S921U using Tapatalk
official sour toe member number 52,814

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:58 pm

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:She has done some counselling stuff for a while but it's been a few years and she's been on and off some meds for it.

It's never really been an issue for our relationship we just tend to not do a lot. Which I don't mind anyway I fugging hate going in public.

But I think she's flown to Alaska like twice in the last 4 years and haven't had any issues so whatever she's on must be helping.

But even like going out to eat with my sisters/mom. They all like to go to Minneapolis and the gf absolutely hates it she'll have breakdowns. She's just gonna stop going I think we both hate that kind of scene even without the anxiety attacks anyways

I’ve gotten so into not being in public as I’ve gotten older. Like I just chill at home now and it’s enjoyable. I fish or hunt almost every weekend so I still usually spend a night or two a week away, but if I’m not hunting or fishing, I don’t want to leave the house. I don’t even like going out to eat anymore.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:58 pm

kwackkillncrew wrote:First and last bear to get tanned. Expensive these days. 350 for the tan and another 140 to turn the claws and lips and ears. Did 75% of the fleshing before I brought it in. [img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240228/f946d8b5cfa45e88a78cc1e0b54d9fa6.jpg[/img]

Looks sick tho

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:30 pm

kwackkillncrew wrote:First and last bear to get tanned. Expensive these days. 350 for the tan and another 140 to turn the claws and lips and ears. Did 75% of the fleshing before I brought it in. Image

Sweet!

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:46 am

Nice Rug! If you're into that sort of thing....

I personally hate bear rugs. I think they're one of those old-timey things that were popular due to a cultural thing at the time.....back in the frontier days floors were fukcing cold, carpet hadn't been invented yet, rugs were ornate and cost a fortune.....so a bear rug in front of the fire place was fukcing awesome. You could put your bare feet on it and have them be warmed stepping on your floor there....versus every other square inch of flooring where your foot froze....we're talking log cabin shit with no foundation, floor is timber you milled flat and laid above dirt...the same dirt that was there when you built your home in whatever spot you chose. If an ember popped out of the fire and burned a golf ball sized hole in the fur? No one gave a shit. It was just a rug...not a trophy.

Nowadays most rugs are too ornate.....most are the same thing in terms of detail as a head mount, so they make for a sweet trophy.....except unlike other shit you hang on the wall?

This one is a rug that goes on the floor. So you end up losing 25' to 30' square feet of floor you now can't walk on.....because you decided to drop a grand on a taxidermied floor covering. Or you can tack it up on a wall....and lose a whole fukcing wall to a rug, which everyone knows goes on the floor.

Kwak, your rug seems low-fi and I'm hoping it'll actually get used as a rug. Hopefully you've got a fireplace to throw it in front of...otherwise bedroom that shit to keep your feet warm when hopping out of bed. Plus, there's the added bonus of your wife wanting to bang on it....chicks like fukcing on bear rugs....must go back to some prehistoric caveman shit where they get turned on by having their man do something manly like kill a bear and turn it into something to cover the dirt floor of their cave. I dunno.

All I know is I've skinned and fleshed out more MN bears than I'd ever cared to. They're fukcing disgusting. 95% of 'em our shot in the evening in the first half of September...so you've got a rank bear hide that's green for a foot or two out from where it was shot, they're covered in ticks....I'm talking COVERED....we used to freeze them, unthaw 'em, then flesh them to kill the ticks....otherwise you'd have hundreds of deer & wood ticks crawling up your arms. And oh yeah, the fukcers don't have hardly any hair. They come back from the tannery almost white.....with hair like the upper lip of a Greek chick....there's hair there, just not enough to grow a mustache, enough to wax on the regularly if you're a chick.....but if you're a MN tanned bear hide shot in the first two weeks?

We dyed the fukc out of 'em. We'd load up a commercial dye into our air brushes with a special attachment....and dye the entire hide black.....the only way you're getting a "black bear" out of an early September MN bear.

My old boss....only time he got sued. A dude brought his brand new bear rug home....laid it over his brand new white couch (mid-80's), fukced his wife on it....since it's a lot more comfortable banging on a bear rug on a couch versus on a the floor......my old boss didn't tell people the shop secret to making all the shit MN bear hides black....dude's couch was done-zo...completely destroyed. We'd wipe the hides down with rags heavily soaked in paint thinner, and go over them several times to remove as much of the excess dye as possible, but no fuggin way you're getting all of it. I suggested that it'd be more time efficient and cost effective to simply have a 55-gallon drum full of dye to dunk the hides in....that's how much dye we sprayed on them.

If I ever shoot a bear, it'll be the one and only head mount I'll ever have. Just a head mount....head and little bit of the neck....no freaking way am I doing a full shoulder mount or heaven forbid....one of those ghastly forms where it's got the arms out like it's going to attack you.....

Mine will be closed mouth and well done...realistic with the eye and nose looking moist, anatomy spot on....just a bear head with his mouth closed as he happily comes to whatever sugary-maple-syrup shit I lit like a candle as my bait the bear presumably is eager to come into....

I'm not sure why this style of mount hasn't replaced rugs and all the open mouth angry snarling shit. It hangs on the wall, is neat looking, is tasteful enough, and small enough that most women will tolerate it.

To me it makes way more sense than deer shoulder mounts. Ultimately on deer? The antlers are the trophy. That's the entirety of what is being displayed....even a world champion taxidermist would rather have a Boone & Crocket rack on the shittiest mount ever, that a 120 that gets them another blue/best of category/best of show. I'm still not even real big on Europeans....I like just a horn mount.....the smaller the base the better.

So to me.....a bear head mount makes so much sense.....way more sense than a rug....way more sense than a deer shoulder mount...........but I'm pretty fukcing out there in a lot of aspects so my taste in bear preservation and display in the home not being mainstream is far from being a shocker compared to my tastes in other avenues in life.............
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:51 am

Spring forest area recreational burning season opened on March 1st....hope you guys have all been out enjoying some quality time in the woods starting some fires!

Conditions are outstanding right now....easily a 9 out of 10, minimum. I actually got scared the last one I lit was going to get away from me....that's how easy it is to light the woods up faster than that sand njgger loving Aaron Bushnell!

20240305_193625.jpg

20240305_192832.jpg

20240305_184229.jpg
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”