kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Re: Post a picture you took in the last week.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:16 pm

Sent while partying

Alaska swamp man pro staff
official sour toe member number 52,814

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:17 pm

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:09 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:
greatwhitehunter3! wrote:Image

Kill the sum biatches! They can eat several ducklings every day!

Did fowler just encourage law breaking?

sent from your under your bed
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:19 am

So what was the story on how it sank?
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

xrated
I'll Swat Your Decoys

Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:43 am

Gimp you can legally harvest snappers with a license and during season.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:12 am

xrated wrote:Gimp you can legally harvest snappers with a license and during season.

But not right now.

sent from your under your bed
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:22 am

h2ofwlr wrote:
Kill the sum biatches! They can eat several ducklings every day!

Little brother has texted me 2 pic's of dead wood ducks that were killed by Hawks in the last week, they didn't even get to lay eggs yet.....
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:33 pm

No surprise really. Recent studies on BWT in WI show that avian predator take on the BWT population while breeding season are now = to mamallian (fox, coon, mink, etc) predators.
Personally I think that there are a LOT more avain predators than 40 years ago. Up to that point the hawks, eagles and owls were not federally protected and then about 40 years ago they got that protection. For example: It was rare to see a bald eagle in the southern part on MN as you had to go north of Ely to see one. Now they are all over the place.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:23 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:No surprise really. Recent studies on BWT in WI show that avian predator take on the BWT population while breeding season are now = to mamallian (fox, coon, mink, etc) predators.
Personally I think that there are a LOT more avain predators than 40 years ago. Up to that point the hawks, eagles and owls were not federally protected and then about 40 years ago they got that protection. For example: It was rare to see a bald eagle in the southern part on MN as you had to go north of Ely to see one. Now they are all over the place.

Yep... Bald eagles have never been federally protected, and their population increase had nothing to do with banning DDT. Just saying...

And to all the kids on this site, don't listen to Fowler about poaching critters like turtles out of season, even if its in the name of saving ducklings, any ethical sportsman will frown upon the illegal activities he suggested.... just saying.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:54 pm

Sure DDT took its effect. But owls, hawks and eagles were legal to shoot approx 40+ years ago as far as the Feds were concerned. So don't you think that hunting/shooting them had large effect on their overall population?

And where did I say kill them turtles out of season? The point that I was making is snappers are a big duckling predator, no different than crows, fox, racoon, mink, etc... I assume that guys will follow the laws. Or do I have to place a disclaimer of " do break the law" on each post to satisfy you from calling me a poacher?

What is a bit ironic is I know there are guys here that shoot crows out of season, but nothing is said. Heck they never eat them either even when in season. So how ethical is that? But wait... there are guys that shoot ducks and geese that do not eat them either. And of course there are the "stomp them into the mud" types here too when they shoot an undesirable duck. But yet I am singled out as an unethical poacher regarding Snappers. :roll:

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”