kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Re: Post a picture you took in the last week.

Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:25 pm

Where you at? We are looking at costa rica next winter. I want to get on a rooster fish!

Sent from my SM-S921U using Tapatalk
official sour toe member number 52,814

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:34 pm

This was in Puerto Aventuras, just south of Playa Del Carmen.

Rooster fish in the surf would be so sick.

I was hoping to get a chance at some jack trevale but we didn’t see any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:33 pm

My buddy and I both got our first roosters in Colombia. Costa Rica is a good destination for them in the dry season. When are you going?

My folks are talking about going to Costa Rica next winter instead of their normal Florida trip. If they go on the pacific side there is a good chance I’ll pay a visit to do some fishing.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:36 pm

Nice permit DD. They and bonefish can be finicky little bastards! Salt water fishing is very addicting.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Post a picture you took in the last week.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:54 pm

Couldn’t believe the fight a bonefish that size could put up.

The trigger fish gave me the biggest fits. Had a few chasing the fly but couldn’t hook up. If you land the fly anywhere but infront of them it spooks them. Cast too far the line spooks them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Re: RE: Re: Post a picture you took in the last week.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:09 am

Nershi wrote:My buddy and I both got our first roosters in Colombia. Costa Rica is a good destination for them in the dry season. When are you going?

My folks are talking about going to Costa Rica next winter instead of their normal Florida trip. If they go on the pacific side there is a good chance I’ll pay a visit to do some fishing.
It would be winter. Probably a couple weeks in jan Feb or March.

official sour toe member number 52,814

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:41 pm

Sounds fun y'all. I'll get outta here one of these years

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:53 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Sounds fun y'all. I'll get outta here one of these years

Dude you’ve been talking for years. Just book it. Like now. You won’t regret it.

Life is about experiences not possessions. We’ll be dead before we know it. Experience now when you can enjoy it. If you wait till you’re old it’s often too late to do it right.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Post a picture you took in the last week.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:58 am

kwackkillncrew wrote:
Nershi wrote:My buddy and I both got our first roosters in Colombia. Costa Rica is a good destination for them in the dry season. When are you going?

It would be winter. Probably a couple weeks in jan Feb or March.

Should be prime timing for that area.

We both got smallish/mid size roosters. I want to go back and spend more time specifically targeting a big one in hopes of a 50+ pounder. We targeted a big one for a short bit pulling live Bonita but the only action we got was a big jack.

They are such a cool fish.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:31 pm

Nershi wrote:
maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Sounds fun y'all. I'll get outta here one of these years

Dude you’ve been talking for years. Just book it. Like now. You won’t regret it.

Life is about experiences not possessions. We’ll be dead before we know it. Experience now when you can enjoy it. If you wait till you’re old it’s often too late to do it right.

I know I've arrived at that mindset. Like really hit me 1-2 years ago that so many people save and save for retirement thinking they gonna do all this stuff and in reality they too old to do it and just sit at home doing nothing with a pile of cash they won't use. I'd rather do it now and work a part time job in retirement if I had to go stay busy. We were going to this year but never got passports and then the weather got pretty warm. It's not possessions for me it's just the financial security mindset. I'm going down a new path I need to prove myself in for a period and I got a lot of expenses this year...I need cataract surgery this year the eyes are really bothering me. And I'm awful close to buying a truck almost flew and got one in Virginia this week but decided to hold off until after the weekend and they may be willing to deal more if they've had it listed two weekends with no takers. But didn't pull the trigger in that for same reason I'm very financially conservative. And need to replace the driveway after fixing garage foundation last year

I don't want to be one of the people that continuously move the goal post and say "one more year I'll be where I need to be and then I'll do stuff" just to do the same thing the next year.

I have this struggle in my mind where I believe I'm going to go legally blind at a young age and need to have finances in order. At the same time I want to take in the experiences in case that happens

But we'll get our passports for sure so that's taken care of and we are ready for next year and we just have to click some buttons and go. That's the first step that we just keep slacking on

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”