greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Re: Post a picture you took in the last week.

Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:20 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Pretty easy but ended up being labor intensive. I think the inside is power coat so it may be able to handle higher temps, but I stripped/ground all of it off. Pulled all plastic out like the drawer wheels etc. Cut the bottoms of the drawers out and put expanded steel in. Put two deep fryer temp probes on top two drawers. 3rd drawer is for water pan, steam table tray fit perfectly. Bottom drawer is fire box...Made a charcoal maze so you light one end and it will burn for 12 hours. Drilled 4 1" holes at the very bottom on the side for air intake...Covered with 1.5" round magnets you can easily slide to control air. Bought an exhaust flue online from a BBQ supply store and mounted on top. Covered the entire outside in 2 layers of 5/8 drywall, then a layer of 1" foam, then rusty tin. Mounted the whole thing on top of a 4 wheel dolly. Sealed the entire inside with food grade super high temp silicone. Used all stainless hardware as galvanized off gases. Used big green egg replacement gasket on all drawer edges.

There's a few pictures in this thread probably back in March or April

I'll have to look back sometime to try to find it.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:58 am

Actually I recall a whole series of photos as you were working on it. But you deleted them from your photo bucket account, as I just checked. :(

We should really have a separate forum for cooking and smoking so it's a easy reference for people to glean info from.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:26 pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:39 pm

^
^
^
What the heck is that on that Pike ???
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:28 am

Exposed flesh. It is a disease that they can get in cold water months. Can't recall the name of it. It is the first I have seen it but my fishing buddy has a few times. He was a little leaner than the other pike so I think he was struggling a bit from it.

Caught every species in the lake that day. Pike, perch, crappies, gills, walleyes and even a large mouth. Nice little mixed bag meal.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:40 am

Been fishing a long time, speared and caught many Pike and have never seen that before..........nice fishing a lake where you don't know what species is coming out of the hole................
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:29 am

Quick hour fish before work. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:13 pm

How big? ^^^
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:59 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:How big? ^^^

The looper was 27 inches. About 8-9 lbs. My fishing buddy caught that one. The coho are running small this year.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”