emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:39 pm

"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:00 pm

The keep your dog in check one, opening day last year a group and us were hunting a decent sized pond and we were pretty far away from each other, and all the sudden we hear movement in the grass behind us, their GD dog is sitting on the bank behind us just looking at us, would occasionally come up to us, was clearly gun shy. Anyways I was packing up my things and walking back when I catch up to the other group and chat a bit to ask how they did they ask the same and the guys don't even apologize. Beyond me how your dog can spend the whole hunt over by other people and you not say a word about it. Oh he had to get his own ducks just like me. Good dog.

Swartzy
Mergie Marauder

Re: .........

Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:03 am

Good article emptymag. Seems like common sense but too often people don't respect others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WALKER
Mergie Marauder

Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:35 am

Good read. Won't hurt any of us to be reminded of common sense rules. Public land can
sure be an adventure some days. I'm sure most of us have some horror stories.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:38 am

I wish every one would abide by these suggestions in the article, as hunting would be so much better for all concerned.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:37 am

I've hunted public 99% of the days I've hunted ducks, and besides the opener on Swan when Fowler tried to downwind me 100 yards away (luckily my friends were already set up there), I've never had a negative incident. Maybe if I was looking for something to get super pissed about I could have found it a time or two, but life is to short to be so concerned with shooting a couple ducks that getting mad at someone who clearly doesn't know better is even a possibility for me.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

WALKER
Mergie Marauder

Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:35 am

Trigger wrote: Maybe if I was looking for something to get super pissed about I could have found it a time or two, but life is to short to be so concerned with shooting a couple ducks that getting mad at someone who clearly doesn't know better is even a possibility for me.

You make a very good point Trigger. A lot of problems are caused by attitude. I always try to cut
fellow hunters some slack & I've been lucky that others have done the same to me.

Goldfish
Mergie Marauder

Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:20 pm

You think they could post an article like that in the waterfowl regs?

Sent from a phancy fone

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:23 pm

Or make a sign at public hunting areas

Goldfish
Mergie Marauder

Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:30 pm

Lots of public hunting areas, one reg book (printed a billion times) that everyone *should* be getting and looking thru

Sent from a phancy fone

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”