maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Re: Anybody a Forced Induction Expert?

Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:54 pm

Well it appears my theory about the IC disrupting airflow was correct, which was made exponentially worse with my higher boost from my custom tunes. My truck absolutely flies now. It drives amazing again! I actually have to be careful on the roads right now about losing traction with the cold temps and salt everywhere.

Still going to put the 170 thermostat in as my coolant temps are still a little high.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:18 pm

Or not. It ran awesome with the temps below zero. These last few days it sucks again now that is warmer. Back to the drawing board. I still have to get my 170 thermostat in...it is running warm it may be pulling timing due to detonation. Maybe my knock sensor is messed up. Or some other sensor. I dunno. Just keep tinkering. It could be that damn timing chain too

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:19 am

It's insane the amount of trouble you are having. I keep reading to hopefully try and help one of these times but I keep coming up empty..sprry

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:02 am

I guess its gotta be temp related so I'm trying to think of things to check. All I can think of is temps are too high causing detonation and the truck is pulling timing. Which the 170 thermo may help or I may have a bigger problem with the cooling system, like the water pump. My other guess is when its really cold all the oil/water in the IC is frozen and not getting ingested...when it warms the engine is sucking that stuff in dropping octane levels and making the truck pull timing. But others have all the gunk in the IC too and don't have poor performance. Not sure, I just keep trying

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:55 am

If it makes you feel better I found a coolant leak on my truck today I'll be trying to track down all week

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:39 am

Still don't care.
Dominate The Skies.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:35 am

I may have it figured out. Vacuum leak at the passenger side hub causing a lean condition...unmetered air going into the intake. I need to drive it a couple days and see if the comp starts adding timing back and how the air fuel ratios look.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:40 am

Maple. I'm aware this will sound completely assholian, but have you asked if maybe you have the wrong mechanic?

I've had the wrong mechanic, wrong plumber, wrong electrician, etc... nature of being DIY sometimes.

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:33 pm

For all the money and F'n around you are doing, most people would say screw it, trade it in, and let the next sucker worry about it.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:45 pm

Yeah unfortunately these days most mechanics can't help you unless they hear something or there is a code present. In this case there's neither. And once you start putting aftermarket parts on a lot of dealers don't want to touch it...as they are not trained on performance parts and how changing those parts affects how a stock vehicle runs. Driving as much as I do with all my tools, etc in the truck, I'd rather try to figure it out than have to empty the truck, take it somewhere just to have them say there's no codes nothings wrong, then put my truck back together. I've already taken it in several times...just doesn't work

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”