cstemig
Mergie Marauder

MN Fowl Hunt Meet Time/Location/Contact Info

Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:55 am

For those of you going on Wednesday, here is the stuff that you will need;

Meet time: 06:00 a.m. (Hopefully Walker will be sober by then)
Meet Location: KwikTrip Gas station, 41st St. & Hwy 52, next to Timber Lodge Steakhouse
Contact info: Todd Fanning, (507) 282-8375

Todd has my credit card number and I can pay for it all, or he will collect it from you individually after the hunt.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

WALKER
Mergie Marauder

Re: MN Fowl Hunt Meet Time/Location/Contact Info

Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:34 am

Thanks for setting this up Chuck. Wish you could join us Hope all goes well at the doctor..

Google Westline Guide Service & will answer most of your questions about the hunt guys

Sounds like this Todd Fanning has been doing this for 30 years so I'm sure it will be a
quality hunt. Guided hunt with everything furnished & max of 12 hunters per field I requested
we share the field with the Swedish Bikini Team but that would probably be expensive :lol:

They hunt until noon most days & let's plan on paying the $50 each to the guide so Chuck
doesn't have to use his credit card.

Make sure ya bring your license as good chance we'll get checked by DNR. Make sure you have
got the $4 Fall Special Goose Permit on your license as well as Federal & MN duck stamps. Also make sure your gun is plugged as the DNR will check.

Bill Gilbertson
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:27 pm

I believe a special goose permit is only needed for the August & Sept seasons.

WALKER
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:55 pm

Bill Gilbertson wrote:I believe a special goose permit is only needed for the August & Sept seasons.

Yep your right Bill. Sorry guys -old man brain fart. Should of checked the regs before opening
my yap.

They must of changed that rule as I remember a few years back a guy hunting with us in
Roch. in December getting busted for no special goose permit. Was rather expensive as I
remember. At any rate my mistake no need to have the special permit .

Bill
I'll meet ya at the Kwik Trip on Wednesday morning as I assume your driving down that morning?
I'm going to stay overnight at Motel 6. Me & those people get along so well :lol:

randywatson
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:10 pm

Fyi its not timber lodge steakhouse anymore. Broadway pizza just in case you were looking for timber lodge
Women with whiskers.....that's a bummer

Goldfish
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:13 pm

Where is everyone coming from? In over in Shakopee

Sent from a phancy fone

randywatson
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:41 pm

The lunch line has commenced. We were on the X from the previous night. Yep, went another 3/4 mile past us. All 2500 of them. Effin Rochester geese. I hate 45 degree sunny no wind days. Hope Wednesday brings better weather for you guys.

Also FYI, the last 2 days the geese have been hitting the grass ie golf courses in the am and then doing an evening feed out of the fuge. Hope they show Wednesday am.

WALKER
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:43 am

Thanks for the info Randy.

Question for ya: Is that the Kwik Trip by Gander Mountain. I'm not very familiar w/ Roch but
we met once at Gander Mountain & was a Kwik Trip close by. Also what have you heard
about this Westline Guide Service?

randywatson
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:49 am

WALKER wrote:Thanks for the info Randy.

Question for ya: Is that the Kwik Trip by Gander Mountain. I'm not very familiar w/ Roch but
we met once at Gander Mountain & was a Kwik Trip close by. Also what have you heard
about this Westline Guide Service?

I work with Todd frequently, at his other Job. He's a surgical tech. (Hands instruments to the surgeons) i've never been on a hunt with him. We talk hunting alot, while the surgeons are working. Hes a good guy should hopefully put you on geese, but its Rochester, pray for some weather or clouds or fog or snow or all 4!

No its not the KT by gander. The KT you are meeting at is the 41st street NW exit i believe.

WALKER
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:13 am

randywatson wrote:I work with Todd frequently, at his other Job. He's a surgical tech. (Hands instruments to the surgeons) i've never been on a hunt with him. We talk hunting alot, while the surgeons are working. Hes a good guy should hopefully put you on geese, but its Rochester, pray for some weather or clouds or fog or snow or all 4!

Thanks Randy
I've hunted Roch. enough to know those geese are some of the most educated geese in the USA
No big expectations on my part but $50 for a guided hunt is more than fair in my mind. Be nice to shoot the bull with some members on this site & maybe even get to shoot the gun once or twice

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”