Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Re: Shortening days......

Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:43 pm

I love Fall but I can't say I am ready for it yet. Our summer didn't really get rolling until about a month a half ago up here.

I was fishing at sunrise on Sunday and the sounds and smells certainly made it feel like Fall out. Now if only the muskies would get the memo that it is time to turn the feed bag on!

Harold Houck
Mergie Marauder

Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:22 am

Driving into work today... with a lot of fog on the Miss. the water was warmer than the air it wont be long.
Harold Houck
Midwest Outboard
midwestoutboard@gmail.com
http://www.midwestoutboard.com
651-276-6988

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:45 am

Have no clue were July went. Now we are half way though August? Yikes!

At least the transfer case took a dump on the truck and have to tare into that.

The boat is in a pile of pieces. So sick of painting, carpeting, vinyl and re wiring junk I could scream.

Really starting to see a lot of ducks starting to fly around. Seems like every pond and puddle i drive by has at least a brood or two of ducks on it. They also seem way bigger than I thought they'd be right now? The geese are around but not as thick as in years past around home. Dove numbers seem solid.

Have noticed the loss of daylight for a little while now. It sucks getting pushed in the house earlier and earlier when there's so much outside that needs to get done before September.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:01 am

Sounds like the boys as far as LA and MS are starting to see decent numbers of BWT showing up. Surprised at how early they are moving.

your mom...
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:56 am

Not sure about up towards the cities but we have been having fairly cool nights down here

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”