Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
Goldfish
Mergie Marauder

Re: Sunrise through thick fog welcomes young hunters

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:02 am

Nershi wrote:Soolong I enjoyed your post but you need to have thick skin on this site. It seems like you might be better fit for DHC. Most of the guys over there don't know shyt about hunting but they are good at patting each other on the back.

Hahaha. Ok

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:04 am

So, sooolong, which post irritated you, just curious? I have spawned 5 kids all by the same mother, how boring is that. I'd rather be like AP and have 16 kids by 2,100 different mothers, and not parent any of them. I guess he does beat them every once in a while so that constitutes a good parent. My dad took my brother and I hunting and never looked for a pat on the back. Cool to take your kids hunting but don't call anal rape when someone just stated there should be a limit on the number of rounds a kid should shoot on ywd. I've taken kids out and none have ever gone through their box of shells. All I bring with is a box each and that's it. If they are going through more than that, imo, it is the mentors misleading. But that is my opinion, not fact or truth. We just got done going through cases of ammo and clay pigeons on our shooting day with a batch of kids from ages 8-21, plus us two old mentors. All I can say is my shoulder is kinda sore from shooting and throwing pigeons for hours. But the kids had a blast. Pigeons are practice targets, not ducks on YWD. If a kid honestly can't hit a limit with two boxes of shells, two things are probably going on; 1. The mentor has the spread and set up all wrong. 2. The mentor is not letting the birds finish, in turn not teaching the kid patience and how to hunt. Leading a kid into believing sky busting and shooting way outside of his range or ability is a time honored and acceptable tradition. Hence why many waterfowl hunters today are plane up 'tards.

Grown some skin and it is cool you take your kid out hunting. But don't take such offense when someone gives you an older brother jab to the ribs now and then, that is called paying your dues.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:51 am

Nershi wrote: It seems like you might be better fit for DHC. Most of the guys over there don't know shyt about hunting but they are good at patting each other on the back.

LOL! Its funny because its true. Its a great site if you are looking to show a stranger your spots and go on a man date with a some dude named "DuckSlayer69".
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Big Doe Hunter
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:22 am

Trigger wrote:
Nershi wrote: It seems like you might be better fit for DHC. Most of the guys over there don't know shyt about hunting but they are good at patting each other on the back.

LOL! Its funny because its true. Its a great site if you are looking to show a stranger your spots and go on a man date with a some dude named "DuckSlayer69".

I do most of Internet Scouting on the DHC site.
get-n-birdy wrote:Remember, just because it's not legal doesn't mean you can't do it, there's just a fee if you get caught.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:23 pm

Big Doe Hunter wrote:
Trigger wrote:

I do most of Internet Scouting on the DHC site.

Oh its fantastic. I have a spot near Perham that has produced several limits because of that site.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”