Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Re: South vs SE zone split

Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:31 pm

Fish Felon wrote:
shnelson wrote:Just a kind reminder to adhere to the site terms of use, I received a couple complaints about this thread and have made the appropriate edits.

No worries, thanks for the heads up. You've been very laid back and I [we] appreciate the long leash.

Sorry that Al...I mean the 'couple other people' complained to you......

I would love to read the complaints, especially if I knew what grade the complainers were in so I could judge them accordingly.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:22 am

I'll back Shawn up on this.... if the problem was a violation of "an axe to grind, do it on the Misguided Children thread".... then go to that spot and wail away on MWA, Nylin, complainers, whiners, DNR....

Doesn't matter if you got ratted out, the place to get all smash-mouth about it is on the other thread. I don't think he said "don't say mean things or have a harsh opinion it's making people sad."

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:09 am

Every year is different weather wise. One year the split will look great and the next not so much.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:27 pm

Bailey wrote:Every year is different weather wise. One year the split will look great and the next not so much.

One of the guarentees every year will be that there will be essentially zero ducks in the south zone except in the south east corner during the last ten days of the season.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:07 pm

Trigger wrote:
Bailey wrote:Every year is different weather wise. One year the split will look great and the next not so much.

One of the guarentees every year will be that there will be essentially zero ducks in the south zone except in the south east corner during the last ten days of the season.

Most truthful post of the day.

your mom...
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

wooduck26
Coot Commander

Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:36 am

If they were to make a SE/S zone the best boarder IMO would be I-35. The reason I say that is to spread out the hunters as much as possible.... Last year there were so many people hunting Pool 2 of the Mississippi it was ridiculous....It was so busy that they finally posted that you CAN NOT shoot in St. Paul Park...There were people set up on ever island on the main channel, most of which were in No Shooting zones.... When the SPP landing fills up, you know its busy!

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:35 pm

wooduck26 wrote:If they were to make a SE/S zone the best boarder IMO would be I-35. The reason I say that is to spread out the hunters as much as possible.... Last year there were so many people hunting Pool 2 of the Mississippi it was ridiculous....It was so busy that they finally posted that you CAN NOT shoot in St. Paul Park...There were people set up on ever island on the main channel, most of which were in No Shooting zones.... When the SPP landing fills up, you know its busy!

How would that spread out the hunters that hunt the river? Last year the whole south zone was open. If they make a SE zone won't all those water hunters that you referenced still be on the river?

NitroZ9 Duck Killin
No longer welcome here.

Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:56 pm

Pool 2 is the best hunting in the state.

wooduck26
Coot Commander

Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:27 am

Nershi wrote:How would that spread out the hunters that hunt the river? Last year the whole south zone was open. If they make a SE zone won't all those water hunters that you referenced still be on the river?

If they make a South & A South East zone....The SE Zone boundary should be I-35. Just so people have more options than just the river....... If the boundry was Hwy 52....it would make the SE zone quite small....

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:02 am

I have agree with Nershi on this one.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”