Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: Open water and iced over reports.

Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:03 pm

Trigger wrote:
gimpfinger wrote:
Trigger wrote:My distaste for the splits has nothing to do with this season.

You mean you don't like being closed during peak migration?

your mom...

Dude... The peak doesn't even occur until after the season is closed. Everyone in Rochester knows that.

Hahaha you been on Facebook too?

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

tbuc
Coot Commander

Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:26 pm

So you guys are saying in a "normal" year the only place to hunt ducks after say November 15 is the Mississippi River or Rochester? Every year you are done hunting by Nov 15? Seriously?

I took a quick glance at the Upper Mississippi River Refuge counts for the past few years and peak migration is never the first week of October. Not even close. Even early December can have more ducks than early October.

Are you telling me the river is that much different from the rest of the state? We're talking 10 times the birds in mid-November than what are there in early October. All the birds leave the state and head to the river in mid November?

Maybe we need more zones then.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:58 pm

Upper Mississippi refuge counts. Lol actually it is way different than the rest of the state.

Without the split we would only be missing 13 of the 60 day season instead of 25 over here on my end end of the state.

Team Power Dump

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:04 am

tbuc wrote:Are you telling me the river is that much different from the rest of the state?

Yeah, it is. And it's no big secret.
Dominate The Skies.

ducksmuggler
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:24 am

Bullet21XD wrote:
tbuc wrote:Are you telling me the river is that much different from the rest of the state?

Thanks Bullet..... Gimpfinger is too chicken *&#$ to but a boat and hunt the river...and a big cry baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can bad mouth a mans gun, his shooting, and his women but bad mouth his dog them's fighting words.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:27 am

gimpfinger wrote:
Trigger wrote:
gimpfinger wrote:Hahaha you been on Facebook too?

Team Power Dump

Haha I never post, I just like reading the idiocy. The FB guys are the most thinned skinned mofos I've ever seen. They kick all the funny guys off before they even say anything funny.
Last edited by Trigger on Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:28 am

tbuc wrote:So you guys are saying in a "normal" year the only place to hunt ducks after say November 15 is the Mississippi River or Rochester? Every year you are done hunting by Nov 15? Seriously?

I took a quick glance at the Upper Mississippi River Refuge counts for the past few years and peak migration is never the first week of October. Not even close. Even early December can have more ducks than early October.

Are you telling me the river is that much different from the rest of the state? We're talking 10 times the birds in mid-November than what are there in early October. All the birds leave the state and head to the river in mid November?

Maybe we need more zones then.

One refuge counts for the whole state now?
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:29 am

ducksmuggler wrote:
Bullet21XD wrote:

Thanks Bullet..... Gimpfinger is too chicken *&#$ to but a boat and hunt the river...and a big cry baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why would he want to drive that far?

Why do the river guys want to screw over the other 90% of guys in the South zone?

They probably don't...it's more a less an oversight by the DNR.

Combine the South and central zone (keeping the central zone season structure) and create a river zone keeping the current South zone season structure.

Everyone's happy. Well, there's no way to make 'everyone' happy...a lot less people are pissed might be a better way to put it.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:17 am

ducksmuggler wrote:
Bullet21XD wrote:

If only I had an extra ten grand for a rig, a nice truck to haul it and the want to drive four hours to get to a spot I have no idea where to go and hope I pick a spot not locked up.

Team Power Dump

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:19 am

Or someone could invite me to do some layout hunting.

Team Power Dump

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”