Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Re: Poll results from the 2015 Waterfowl Symposium

Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:56 am

Fish Felon wrote:I guess I'm one of the few left who believe hunting seasons should implemented (or discontinued) based on a scientific-management approach.

This was also a question in the survey, whether or not you feel limits/seasons should be based on science, or what is considered popular amongst society.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:05 am

^^^ The "societal" part is why the wolf issue is so hotly disputed with the antis. They are not basing their decisions on science. At best it is skewed (altered to support their stance) science with a lot of emotional nonscientific basis for their views.

And like it or not--that is why we have limits on Snows. So that "society" does not view hunters as being game hogs. Science says kill and take home as many as you want being they are so over populated But societal considerations mean implement a limit.

Fish Felon wrote:I guess I'm one of the few left who believe hunting seasons should implemented (or discontinued) based on a scientific-management approach..

I too agree with that. Thus why I am for an early teal season.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:47 am

Quack wrote:Mn has something in the water though... We hate to see wildlife die. Anti hunting duck hunters,

X2!
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:53 am

lanyard wrote:The new poll:

Who wants more ducks?
Who wants more places to shoot ducks?
Who wants their old places to produce ducks like they used to?

If we can get a majority of people to say "I do" to these three questions, it WILL make a difference....

After growing up in MN, then hunting other states around the country, Minnesota is truly a bizarre state. We tend to be so redonkulously conservative on some issues and so out in left field liberal on others, it makes little to no sense. A good percentage of our duck hunters are some of the dumbest people I've ever met.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Poll results from the 2015 Waterfowl Symposium

Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:23 pm

Actually, I'd say mn is the peak of liberialism, the bleeding heart. Special opportunities for protected classes, the outpouring of tax dollars knows no bounds, including the winter welfare of those poor deer, etc. we just care so darn much.

And it's not necessarily DNR driven. The deer feeding tax was done by the legislature against the wishes of the DNR. When the Feds loosened the waterfowl season framework, the legislature set laws governing the season to prevent DNR from opening earlier.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:56 pm

get-n-birdy wrote: A good percentage of our duck hunters are some of the dumbest people I've ever met.

I have found this to be very true as well.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:49 am

Trigger wrote:
get-n-birdy wrote: A good percentage of our duck hunters are some of the dumbest people I've ever met.

You two need to get further away from the metro while hunting then...

...BOOM

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:20 am

gimpfinger wrote:
Trigger wrote:

...BOOM

Team Power Dump

Rarely hunt within 2 hours of the metro area or home.

Some of the local country bumkins are the most retarded. The Fergus area seems to have something in the water that's especially, special for growing rah-tahards. They are usually the ones who can't ID birds in hand and consider shooting 1 duck with 4 boxes of shells a great day. They are the most inconsiderate pricks I've ever met, they think they own every square inch of everything. Their sky busting skills are legendary or in their minds "epic". I hope they keep pounding away and using all the Federal ultra cheap steel they can't afford to help support our local economy.

Surprisingly there's more and more guys around the metro that are halfway decent.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:29 am

^^^ What specific spots do you hunt around Fergus?

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:39 am

get-n-birdy wrote:
gimpfinger wrote:
Trigger wrote:[quote="get-n-birdy"] A good percentage of our duck hunters are some of the dumbest people I've ever met.

...BOOM

Team Power Dump

Rarely hunt within 2 hours of the metro area or home.

Some of the local country bumkins are the most retarded. The Fergus area seems to have something in the water that's especially, special for growing rah-tahards. They are usually the ones who can't ID birds in hand and consider shooting 1 duck with 4 boxes of shells a great day. They are the most inconsiderate pricks I've ever met, they think they own every square inch of everything. Their sky busting skills are legendary or in their minds "epic". I hope they keep pounding away and using all the Federal ultra cheap steel they can't afford to help support our local economy.

Surprisingly there's more and more guys around the metro that are halfway decent.[/quote]
I just figured the guys in the jeep liberties, that are in shorts and crocs pulling their guns out of the box it was sold in from the metro...maybe not though.

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”