Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: Marsh Lake

Sun May 24, 2015 1:14 pm

tornadochaser wrote:If you motor past the islands that the pelicans nest on see if any bird flu riddled carcasses have leg bands. The banding hotline people tend to call you back really fast when you report pelican bands online. :P

I will chexk them out after i nail the snot out of the mallards this fall. It is going to be epic.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Tue May 26, 2015 5:46 pm

emptymag wrote:I thought lakes are a bad place to hunt ducks? Yet all you guys talk about is marsh LAKE, north LAKE, pelican LAKE....

Ahhh the cosmos juice bar. Went there a few nights in high school and early college.The best one was a guy that I know walked in a saw his cousin(yes female) dancing on stage.

Anyone know if Lookers is still open up by Alexandria?

After doing some recon and surveillance this weekend it is confirmed that lookers is still open.

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Wed May 27, 2015 10:35 pm

gimpfinger wrote:
emptymag wrote:I thought lakes are a bad place to hunt ducks? Yet all you guys talk about is marsh LAKE, north LAKE, pelican LAKE....

Ahhh the cosmos juice bar. Went there a few nights in high school and early college.The best one was a guy that I know walked in a saw his cousin(yes female) dancing on stage.

Anyone know if Lookers is still open up by Alexandria?

After doing some recon and surveillance this weekend it is confirmed that lookers is still open.

Team Power Dump

Good too know. I saw a few things in that place I have never seen before or since. Gotta love Thursdays half price cover with your Alex tech student ID. Had a few nights with the girls in our class up on stage. Seeing some of the dancers in the hallway at school on Friday was always fun too.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

tornadochaser
Mergie Marauder

Thu May 28, 2015 10:42 am

When we took my brother to lookers for his bachelor party, 3 girls he graduated with were working there. Made things kind of fun; until one chick got a little too mean with a belt while my brother was onstage and he pushed her back, she wobbled on her heels, and tipped over onto a guy at sniffers row. A little scuffle broke out, a bouncer met an army ranger and didn't appreciate the outcome, and the little danny devito looking manager was pretty wound up and tried to block us from leaving threatening to call the cops, until 2 off duty cops introduced themselves from our group. Refunds and apologies and coupons were doled out. Anybody need some free drink tickets?

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:35 pm

^^^^^
That story is perfect on so many levels because anyone I've ever talked to that has had the pleasure of participating in the festivities there has one similar.

As for me, the last time I was at Lookers a couple of buddies seemed to have convinced everyone that worked there that we played for the St. Louis Rams. I being kind of a pussy obviously claimed to be the Punter. Although I didn't take advantage, the dances got extra special and didn't cost a dime for a few of my single meat-head/farmboy buddies and the girls literally gave 100% of their attention to my group. The rest of the people in there were pissed. I'll never forget the look on the single local big tough guy bouncer's face when we walked up and only like 3 of us were smaller than he was. Moral of the story, if someone ever inquires as to whether or not you or someone you are with is a pro athlete, always say yes.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

tornadochaser
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:02 pm

The pro athlete con doesn't surprise me considering that the club and some of the area bars are occasionally visited by some current and former pros during the summer and fall.

Mr. Lee
I'll Swat Your Decoys

Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:46 pm

Marsh Lake will always have at least decent hunting periodically during the season. Its location makes it a spot I believe more ducks will fly over than any other lake. Thats said….I killed a lot of ducks on places other than Marsh. True….I wanted people to think I hunted there all the time…..and it worked.

If they do some proper drawdowns that lake could be loaded with ducks all fall. It just depends on what grows and if it refills during hunting season.

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”