Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Is the MN DNR....

Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:25 pm

Nershi wrote:I don't think they could give you a solid reason why. The DNR has moved away from science based management decisions.

I have emailed Cordts about the teal survey and have yet to get a response. Makes me wonder if he is watching this thread. When I googled his name to look up his email this site was the top google hit. I thought that was pretty amusing.

I dont think the dnr could give a rats ... about waterfowl hunters in minnesota. Plus they are accountable to nobody!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Pelican Guide
I'll Swat Your Decoys

Re: Is the MN DNR....

Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:12 am

I was hoping for a teal season just to see all the hardcore facebook bad asses show off their limits of woodies.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:41 am

Pelican Guide wrote:I was hoping for a teal season just to see all the hardcore facebook bad asses show off their limits of woodies.

You will never see a teal season in Minnesota. Do what I do any buy a Wisconsin license. They are happy to take your money that Minnesota doesn't want.

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:39 pm

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:07 pm

Uhh, bonus bluewings? I hope no greenwings get shot in the process. Bonus teal in general would be too hard to define. Plus Mr green jeans can rite tickets for greewings.....???
2.jpg
2.jpg (68.36 KiB) Viewed 5037 times

001.JPG

^ Mostly GW on past openers ^
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:13 pm

As long as you don't shoot 7-8 green wings you'll be fine. Pretty simple. Regular limit + 2 bwt

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:05 pm

Most mn waterfowl hunters probably think the bird in the dogs mouth is a bluewinger.

So we will get an 8 bird per day limit? But a teal season would be bad? This is basically letting us kill those same oops birds, just in the regular season.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:52 pm

Wait! That's not a bluewing in the picture?

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:03 pm

get-n-birdy wrote:Most mn waterfowl hunters probably think the bird in the dogs mouth is a bluewinger.

So we will get an 8 bird per day limit? But a teal season would be bad? This is basically letting us kill those same oops birds, just in the regular season.

Except the majority are gone by then.

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:59 pm

Bailey wrote:
get-n-birdy wrote:Most mn waterfowl hunters probably think the bird in the dogs mouth is a bluewinger.

Except the majority are gone by then.

So what's the point?

The majority of the opportunity is missed, but we get the scraps? WTF? And we have the option from the Fed's to take advantage of the majority, but bless our state dnr for protecting us from more opportunities.

A$$ holes!
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”