Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2 Cans and Pintails this year

Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:57 pm

get-n-birdy wrote:Tom L is alright imo, it's just to much highly educated idiots that over think every thing but the things that matter.

Maybe but he's the guy in charge and isn't the deer herd also a disaster along with mille lacs and of course ducks.
Bailey wrote:[quote="gimpfinger"][quote="get-n-birdy"]Hope we do the socially acceptable thing and take one pintail and only have the can season open when the fewest are here.

All hail governor Goofy!

Remember when they did that for both cans and pins. Dumbest shit ever.

That being said, with the track record of our dnr I doubt we will see an increase in the daily limit.

Team Power Dump[/quote]
Minnesota will take the conservative approach as they love to say! How does tom landwehr still have a job after the mille lacs fiasco?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2 Cans and Pintails this year

Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:07 am

Bailey wrote:
Minnesota will take the conservative approach as they love to say! How does tom landwehr still have a job after the mille lacs fiasco?

Why on earth should he lose it over that? It's a massive lake that sees massive pressure. It's impossible to provide world class walleye fishing on a body of water like that every single year, especially one as close to the cities as that one.

Although I would like to see him and Cordt's get fired for not having a teal season.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Re: 2 Cans and Pintails this year

Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:55 am

The thing with the DNR and all of the resources it manages is that the DNR is still ultimately under the thumb of the legislature & Governor.

Dayton said he was going to push for stocking Mille Lacs even though the science says that would be stupid.

The legislature stuck their nose into the APR deer regs.

When the USFWS initially offered "extended frameworks" the legislature passed a law saying duck season would open Saturday closest to Oct 1 so the DNR would have no choice.

So if Landwher chooses to do stuff that conflicts with the political powers, he runs the risk of getting nullified by legislation or hammered at budget time. One way or another, politics is always involved

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Re: 2 Cans and Pintails this year

Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:41 am

Spot on Quack about the legislatures interference.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”