Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Re: Bonus blue wings?

Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:05 am

8 duck limit here we come!!
Dominate The Skies.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Bonus blue wings?

Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:14 am

Bailey wrote:
Nershi wrote:I could see this causing more 'mistake' ducks than an early teal season. I have more confidence in hunters knowing the difference between a teal and a non-teal vs the difference between a green and a blue wing in flight. Emptymag pointed out that he has shot far more greens than blues in recent openers and I have experienced the same.

But I guess this preserves the all mighty traditional opener. I wonder if the DNR did a survey to make this decision for them too.

It's a secret survey in which none of us are ever involved in.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I was a part of it. I made it VERY clear that science should he used to make their decision on this year's teal season. They chose to use that survey as a ballot. So all of you who didn't get to vote got effed right in the A.

My goal for opener is to shoot 8 green wings and send cordts a picture to brag how good at id'ing ducks us Minnesotans are.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:34 am

^^^ I like that idea!

I wonder what the hiold up is/ they said they would release the Mn season info a few day ago/ It makes me wonder how much questioning is happening through the ranks, meaning maybe a few employees are finally saying, hey look, this is not right.... and thus the ensuing discussion and resulting delay.
I just hope that there is "good" news VS bad news for us hunters where we get screwed compared to other states.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:51 am

There will be a doom and gloom Dennis Anderson regardless. It will either be about the 8 duck limit (6 plus bonus BWT) or the unlikely teal season.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:40 am

I though the feds were 100% against bonus teal last year?

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:11 am

I know North Dakota had bonus blue wing teal for the first 14 days of last year.

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:42 pm

We were offered bonus bluewings by fws last year and the DNR said no because it's too hard to tell the difference between blue and green.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Bonus blue wings?

Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:59 pm

Quack wrote:We were offered bonus bluewings by fws last year and the DNR said no because it's too hard to tell the difference between blue and green.

Yep in Minnesota we are just lucky to be able to hunt the way the dnr sees it. Southern states thank us but our dnr can say we are saving ducks. I doubt I will ever buy a minn license again.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

mulefarm
Coot Commander

Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:24 am

USFW and Canadian Fish and Wildlife have announced that Blue wing teal are up slightly, the 3rd highest total ever and Green wings are up 19%. Glad science is involved in the MN DNR decsion not to have a season or bonus of 2.

DakotaDog72
Coot Commander

Bonus blue wings?

Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:42 pm

Maybe they should set the limit at 4 so there's more.

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”