Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
Hill.jam96
I'll Swat Your Decoys

Teal season

Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:41 pm

Is anyone taking part in either Iowa or Wisconsin's teal season? I'm looking to give it a shot this year and was wondering if anyone could share some advice or possibly want to go with.

mulefarm
Coot Commander

Re: Teal season

Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:30 am

Steve Cordts and Tom Landwher are leading a hunting party through Hobbit Travel. There will be 3 hunts in each state and you can have a mistake duck for each hunt.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:07 am

LMBO~!
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:50 am

Has anyone approached Delta Waterfowl to take on the DNR on this topic? They talk a lot about hunter advocacy.

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:29 pm

You don't need anymore opportunities, what we already have is "appealing" enough. Greedy game hog.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Teal season

Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:24 pm

get-n-birdy wrote:You don't need anymore opportunities, what we already have is "appealing" enough. Greedy game hog.

Actually had someone call me greedy on Facebook for wanting a teal season, he then proceeded to post a picture of a greenwing he shot in November as proof there are teal here during the season.

What can you say to someone like that? Pretty sure they wouldn't get it no matter how you explained what the teal season was for.

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Teal season

Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:43 pm

Hill.jam96 wrote:Is anyone taking part in either Iowa or Wisconsin's teal season? I'm looking to give it a shot this year and was wondering if anyone could share some advice or possibly want to go with.

I will be in Wisconsin. I have hunted iowas early season before as well. Maybe I will run into landwehr in the Marsh! What a guy he is.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

mnduckhunter
I'll Swat Your Decoys

Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:11 am

Wish we had one.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Teal season

Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:16 pm

gimpfinger wrote:
get-n-birdy wrote:You don't need anymore opportunities, what we already have is "appealing" enough. Greedy game hog.

Actually had someone call me greedy on Facebook for wanting a teal season, he then proceeded to post a picture of a greenwing he shot in November as proof there are teal here during the season.

What can you say to someone like that? Pretty sure they wouldn't get it no matter how you explained what the teal season was for.

Team Power Dump

Lol was that the Minnesota duck hunters page? I got booted off there in about a day. It's full of idiots that would think like that guy does. I've officially become a Minnesota hater. After nearly 20 years of defending the hell out of this state, I finally understand why everyone makes fun of us so much, and it's all well deserved.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Teal season

Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:19 pm

Trigger wrote:[quote="gimpfinger"][quote="get-n-birdy"]You don't need anymore opportunities, what we already have is "appealing" enough. Greedy game hog.

Team Power Dump[/quote]
Lol was that the Minnesota duck hunters page? I got booted off there in about a day. It's full of idiots that would think like that guy does. I've officially become a Minnesota hater. After nearly 20 years of defending the hell out of this state, I finally understand why everyone makes fun of us so much, and it's all well deserved.[/quote]
Yup

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”