Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Licenses

Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:50 am

Can someone explain the married combination sports and super sports to me?

What do they mean by two angling and one small game in the sports?

What about combination angling and individual small game and individual deer in super sports?

Is this assuming individual items, times two for that stuff?

Just trying to figure this out before we go and buy everything separate and could save some money buying one of these combos.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Re: Licenses

Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:08 am

I saw that a few years back and wondered about it too. Perhaps because of HIP certification, etc, they can not issue a single lic for hunting. Same goes for deer, and ya couple apply for say anterless permits, how does that work with a conbo lic?

It would be best to call the DNR regional office near where you live. And let us know what you find out.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:22 am

No idea what the super sports is, I have always bought the combination sportsman where my wife and I can fish and I get the small game license with it.....honestly I've never even heard of the super sports.....
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Big Doe Hunter
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:23 am

While we are on this topic.....Is there a Family hunting license? I know that in order for children under 16 fishing without a license to catch and keep their own limit, the adult fishing with them needs a Family license. Otherwise the fish the under 16 year old catches count against the adults limit. Does that apply for hunting too?

Fowler, thoughts?

I know some kids I will be taking out soon.
get-n-birdy wrote:Remember, just because it's not legal doesn't mean you can't do it, there's just a fee if you get caught.

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:27 am

Rather than combining these stupid licenses with confusing language they should just give a discount for buying everything at once. I think in Michigan you get a 10% break if you buy 4 or more licenses at once.

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:41 am

I know it'd be great to just buy one license with everything on it.

Fishing

Small game

State duck stamp

Federal stamp

Pheasant stamp

Archery

Rifle

Muzzle loader

Trout stamp

Soon to be mandatory walleye stamp

Surgeon tag

Early goose

Non lottery bear tag

Spring conservation light goose

Fall turkey

And whatever else I'm missing?

Would be awesome going into it and having to show Mr Green Jeans the crappie, tree cop that all the bases are covered off of one license basically. Even if I wasn't planning on doing everything on it, it'd be nice if the opportunity to do something arose and I didn't have to go chase down a license vendor.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:30 pm

Big Doe Hunter wrote:While we are on this topic.....Is there a Family hunting license? I know that in order for children under 16 fishing without a license to catch and keep their own limit, the adult fishing with them needs a Family license. Otherwise the fish the under 16 year old catches count against the adults limit. Does that apply for hunting too?

Fowler, thoughts?

I've never heard of that.
Dominate The Skies.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:48 pm

Big Doe Hunter wrote:While we are on this topic.....Is there a Family hunting license? I know that in order for children under 16 fishing without a license to catch and keep their own limit, the adult fishing with them needs a Family license. Otherwise the fish the under 16 year old catches count against the adults limit. Does that apply for hunting too?

Fowler, thoughts?

I know when I went to ND fishing when the kids were under 16 their fish counted toward my limit unless I bought them a license for them, never knew that rule was in effect for MN.
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Big Doe Hunter
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm

Bullet21XD wrote:

Fowler, thoughts?

I've never heard of that.

Scratch that. It's only if your are a non-resident and under 16 that you need a family license to keep a limit.
get-n-birdy wrote:Remember, just because it's not legal doesn't mean you can't do it, there's just a fee if you get caught.

Big Doe Hunter
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm

9manfan wrote:

Fowler, thoughts?

I know when I went to ND fishing when the kids were under 16 their fish counted toward my limit unless I bought them a license for them, never knew that rule was in effect for MN.

Scratch that. It's only if your are a non-resident and under 16 that you need a family license to keep a limit. Apparently they do the same to us.

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”