Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Re: Teal season

Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:21 pm

Hahaha I'm going to have to pass. I don't know anything about aeration or minnow permits. Plus I'm spent after this. I really have to think I'm in the right and able to prove it to invest in something. I've often thought, "This is such a stupid waste of time," but then I'm back at it and the more I've dug and documented what happened the better it's looked.

Nothing has come up where it was like, "Oooh, that's going to be an obstacle." I'm confident anyone halfway objective could review it and they'd reach the same conclusion I have.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Teal season

Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:17 pm

Fish Felon wrote:I think there's a possibility it can, I'm going to try. They're a government agency that works for the public, they are obligated to set laws using standard procedures to ensure fairness for all citizens. They can't tell one group outside the department to pound sand and then cozy up to another group. That's how lawsuits happen.

If there was misconduct in the laws they set for the citizens of the state, which I believe there was with how the teal season decision was reached, there are ways to hold them accountable or at the very least have an outside party conduct an inquiry to review how the decision was made.

If the DNR wants to be setting hunting seasons in the year 2050 they need to completely change their culture and ideology. They need to operate inside a vacuum with a clear set of how they operate and not detour from it, and then let their trained professionals make wildlife decisions from a science based approach. Cut off public input, don't speak or listen to the press, and don't set seasons based on what you perceive as the popular opinion of hunters or any other group.

If it's OK to not hold a season based on the popular opinion of hunters and not use any justification from a science based management approach where does that end? Why can't the popular opinion of the state's residents be used to determine all other hunting and trapping seasons?

They're legally obligated to treat all citizens of this state equally. That stuff shouldn't fly now and it certainly won't fly in a generation when hunters will be a fraction of the demographic we are currently.

Government is never held accoutable unless we kick them out in an election. landwerh has a job for life. Scary!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:05 am

Bailey wrote:Government is never held accoutable unless we kick them out in an election. landwerh has a job for life. Scary!

Yeah, just like there's "no reason to hold a teal season since we shoot plenty of them all the way to ice out." C'mon on man......don't be ignorant.

The commissioner of the DNR is appointed by the governor. In most cases a new governor will choose their own commissioner. It's along the lines of picking a cabinet member.

The office of the commissioner is worse than holding office as a politician. Their office is not received through elections, their office is given by the hand of someone who is elected.

Don't think for a second that a governor wouldn't force the commissioner of the DNR to hand in their resignation if it would get them or their party a few points in their approval ratings.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:17 am

After the mille lacs fiasco he should be gone yet they march him out as a solution maker. In the real world he would have been fired on the spot.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:30 pm

It's important that criticism is at least somewhat valid otherwise you look like a 'hater' just blindly throwing out hate and no one is going to take you seriously. As much as I despise Landwehr he had absolutely nothing to do with the Mille Lacs fiasco. All the issues surrounding that were around long before he became commissioner. He inherited that problem and there weren't any options for him to fix it.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:07 pm

Fish Felon wrote:It's important that criticism is at least somewhat valid otherwise you look like a 'hater' just blindly throwing out hate and no one is going to take you seriously. As much as I despise Landwehr he had absolutely nothing to do with the Mille Lacs fiasco. All the issues surrounding that were around long before he became commissioner. He inherited that problem and there weren't any options for him to fix it.

It does not matter. He is the man in charge and in situations like this the head guy usually takes the fall- just not in government. Imo he should be gone along with several others

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:26 pm

It does matter even though you're right, the head guy often takes the fall. It matters a lot.

There was no wrongdoing on his part in regards to ML. Holding him accountable for something he didn't do is much worse than not holding him accountable for something he did do.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:57 pm

Fish Felon wrote:It does matter even though you're right, the head guy often takes the fall. It matters a lot.

There was no wrongdoing on his part in regards to ML. Holding him accountable for something he didn't do is much worse than not holding him accountable for something he did do.

You win. I give up.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:26 pm

Ff is right about landwehr. Why on earth would he get fired for nature happening on Mille Lacs? He isn't God. But he certainly should be held accountable for not allowing Minnesotans a teal season because he feels like guys who want it are just greedy game hogs.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:41 pm

Trigger wrote:Ff is right about landwehr. Why on earth would he get fired for nature happening on Mille Lacs? He isn't God. But he certainly should be held accountable for not allowing Minnesotans a teal season because he feels like guys who want it are just greedy game hogs.

Landwehr knows best!

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”