Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Anyone Gearing Up for Snows?

Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:40 am

I'm putting the finishing touches on some dekes and I am going to pattern a new choke tube when it warms up a bit.

Anyone else busy with Snow projects?
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Re: Anyone Gearing Up for Snows?

Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:52 am

I likely won't hunt them again this year since the guys I used to hunt with are still being major douche canoes.

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:52 pm

greatwhitehunter3! wrote:I likely won't hunt them again this year since the guys I used to hunt with are still being major douche canoes.

Don't give up because those guys are making it difficult. Try expanding your contacts and improve your chances of enjoying a hunt

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:25 pm

cstemig wrote:
greatwhitehunter3! wrote:I likely won't hunt them again this year since the guys I used to hunt with are still being major douche canoes.

Don't give up because those guys are making it difficult. Try expanding your contacts and improve your chances of enjoying a hunt

Thought about going through a guide but I'd rather spend that $150+ a day on something else. I'd love to start a spread but I don't have the time to go every weekend for two months to justify the costs for everything. Too many hobbies..

tornadochaser
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Anyone Gearing Up for Snows?

Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:42 pm

greatwhitehunter3! wrote:[quote="cstemig"][quote="greatwhitehunter3!"]I likely won't hunt them again this year since the guys I used to hunt with are still being major douche canoes.

Don't give up because those guys are making it difficult. Try expanding your contacts and improve your chances of enjoying a hunt[/quote]

Thought about going through a guide but I'd rather spend that $150+ a day on something else. I'd love to start a spread but I don't have the time to go every weekend for two months to justify the costs for everything. Too many hobbies..[/quote]
Come out to SD and find a good traffic field sometime between the 14th & 28th of March and I'll hunt with ya. I'm not going to chase feeds or juvies much this spring, probably going to set my spread somewhere on a pasture pond or cornfield with a slough and hunt the same field for about a week this spring.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Anyone Gearing Up for Snows?

Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:17 am

tornadochaser wrote:Come out to SD and find a good traffic field sometime between the 14th & 28th of March and I'll hunt with ya. I'm not going to chase feeds or juvies much this spring, probably going to set my spread somewhere on a pasture pond or cornfield with a slough and hunt the same field for about a week this spring.

Sounds good. I wish the migration was shifted a little further east and I would do the same here and leave it all spring. There's always about 2-4 days here that would be awesome days to have a spread set but you just never have a clue what days that will be.

tornadochaser
Mergie Marauder

Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:13 am

Yeah hunting snows in MN can be done but it's tough. A guy has to be ready at a moments notice. I timed it just right a few years ago, was back home for Easter and we had a really good push of snows for 1.5 days up through western MN. We shot 37 on 2 hunts, but nearly got shot ourselves because of all the rednecks out chasing them.

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:06 pm

Great White or Tornado, I may have an open seat or two, depending if my nephews show up. I'll p.m. you with date & place when it happens.

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:20 pm

I picked up two 30 racks of Schmidts animal beers and a case of 00 Buck. Have also been doing curls nightly to strengthen my window rolling down arm. I should be all set.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:51 pm

I'm hoping to go. Buddies have been giving up and work is making it harder, but I still plan on it. Last year almost didn't happen but made it out last minute very late in the season

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”