Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: How Are You Going to Challenge Yourself This Year?

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Quack wrote:[quote="lanyard"][quote="Quack"]Chuck, I admire your fortitude choosing to use a single shot this year.

Last year I got constipated something fierce since I suppressed my morning BM that first week not crapping over the side of the boat. Somewhere between MEA and deer opener I leveled out since the weather was mellow and I did a bunch more land based hunting at that point forward.

So I googled "timing BM" or something like that and the google says I should sit down for 20 minutes about 20 minutes after lunch and it probably won't happen immediately but hopefully by duck season I can move my BM to a time that doesn't find me surrounded by aluminum or fiberglass.

Might as well lock this thread down,..... The challenge has been won![/quote]

I've never won anything on the internet. Thanks!
Thought there might be more feedback on this thread.
I'm also hunting a bunch of new areas, including some motorless areas. I hope they let me put a scope on my canoe.[/quote]
About all I hunt is mortorless areas, nice to not have some jackass blow into the roost cover with a mudmotor so you can watch them fly out to feed and pick off the groups as they filter back in. Can shoot birds in one spot half the season without blowing them out of the area.

Minimum amount of effort with max amount of meat. To bad the majority of the retards out there can't figure out that way of hunting roosts. But no got to get that one volley of shots off at sunrise.

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

duck_dynasty
Coot Commander

Re: How Are You Going to Challenge Yourself This Year?

Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:02 pm

Get out more than last year. Having a garage finally will help alot.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:54 pm

Don't know if it's a challenge but my buddy that I'm storing decoys and boat for got these as a storage payment. Now I'll get to take my old mod 12 in 16 out that was my grandfather that passed away a few months before I was born used for ducks. Planning on hunting one of his favorite spots for ducks that he'd drive down from pine river to hunt every weekend.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:32 am

gimpfinger wrote:Don't know if it's a challenge but my buddy that I'm storing decoys and boat for got these as a storage payment. Now I'll get to take my old mod 12 in 16 out that was my grandfather that passed away a few months before I was born used for ducks. Planning on hunting one of his favorite spots for ducks that he'd drive down from pine river to hunt every weekend.

Dat's sweet!

Pics of the gun?

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: How Are You Going to Challenge Yourself This Year?

Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:40 am

lanyard wrote:[quote="gimpfinger"]Don't know if it's a challenge but my buddy that I'm storing decoys and boat for got these as a storage payment. Now I'll get to take my old mod 12 in 16 out that was my grandfather that passed away a few months before I was born used for ducks. Planning on hunting one of his favorite spots for ducks that he'd drive down from pine river to hunt every weekend.

[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170921/8974fdd4372e322bf9a582f53bc97667.jpg[/img]

Dat's sweet!

Pics of the gun?[/quote]

Team Power Dump

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:44 am

Shite!

Full choke?

I've got a Model 12, 12 gauge from my dad, choked "Full", 2 3/4"

THAT would be a "bro" hunt, with props to the 16!

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:05 am

Those Model 12's sure were a sweet pump!!
Dominate The Skies.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:37 am

Yup full choke. My first real duck gun. Been collecting dust since the lead ban until the last two years. Been getting about once or twice on doves and pheasant.

Team Power Dump

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:46 am

Outstanding Gimp!
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:41 pm

Going to throw a few loads in the ol girl tomorrow morning.
1008172128a.jpg

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”