Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Re: MN Waterfowl Hunting & Migration Reports 2017

Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:16 pm

Yesterday saw 100% mallards except one lone hen wood duck that was mix in with mallards. She landed 20 yards in front of me, left her alone. Tons of mallards around, get out there!

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: MN Waterfowl Hunting & Migration Reports 2017

Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:10 pm

Hansen wrote:Yesterday saw 100% mallards except one lone hen wood duck that was mix in with mallards. She landed 20 yards in front of me, left her alone. Tons of mallards around, get out there!
Haven't seen a goose or duck since Sunday. Been scouting after work all week. Got excited yesterday because a bunch of places opened back up. They are all froze over again today. Going to scout the mn river a bit more tomorrow. Usually some mergs, golds and reds somewhere on it.

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:57 am

Minnesota Waterfowl Migration and Hunting Report , Nov. 16, 2017

The following report is a compilation of state and federal wildlife manager reports and waterfowl surveys from across Minnesota. This is the 9th report for 2017. Reports will be compiled weekly throughout the hunting season and should be available by Thursday afternoon each week. The Conservation Officer Report, available on the DNR web site, also contains information about waterfowl hunter success across the state.

General: 16 November 2017
Waterfowl hunting success has remained very good over the past week especially for those field hunting for mallards and Canada geese, particularly in the western portion of the state. Most of the North zone remains frozen and significant ice cover is present in the rest of the state on small and medium sized lakes. There are some open water opportunities for late season diving ducks on large lakes and rivers, mainly in the central and south zones. Some lakes opened or partially opened back up the past few days with warmer temperatures and high winds. Hunting pressure remains very low. Canada goose numbers increased over the past week and should provide good opportunities through Thanksgiving weekend in many areas.

Corn harvest is >80% completed.

The forecast on Saturday calls for below average temperatures with highs in the low 20s in the north
and lows 30s in the south with strong northwest winds. On Sunday and Monday, temperatures should
be warmer with highs in the upper 30s in the north and low 50s in the south. The extended forecast calls for near average temperatures with no precipitation through Thanksgiving weekend.

Duck season closes next Tuesday Nov. 21 in the north zone.
Attachments
Nov. 16, 2017 MN WF Mig report.pdf
(134.23 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:27 pm

Drove Hwy 19 and 15 up around M'tonka this morning. Lafayette Bay and Smith's Bay are loaded with birds. Gorgeous sight to see. They were out quite away between the points, could only ID as divers. Bunch of mallards and geese closer in, but in SW metro those don't really count.

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”