Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Re: Licenses

Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:43 am

Well we're just going to get them individually because I don't want to fart around with the combination and still not have everything I need.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:20 pm

Anybody else have a little shock at 27.50 for a fed duck stamp? I wondered if I was buying the right thing

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Licenses

Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:32 pm

No surprise here. Price of fed duck stamp has been in the news consistently for years. Last increase was about 20 years ago. I will still buy extras.

98 cents of every fed duck stamp dollar goes to protect MORE habitat and 70% of the money is spent in the U.S. prairie pothole region.

There is simply no better way to help ducks, except maybe buying a MN rice harvesting license if you hunt in northern MN

Big Doe Hunter
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:47 pm

Quack wrote:No surprise here. Price of fed duck stamp has been in the news consistently for years. Last increase was about 20 years ago. I will still buy extras.

98 cents of every fed duck stamp dollar goes to protect MORE habitat and 70% of the money is spent in the U.S. prairie pothole region.

There is simply no better way to help ducks, except maybe buying a MN rice harvesting license if you hunt in northern MN

x 2!
get-n-birdy wrote:Remember, just because it's not legal doesn't mean you can't do it, there's just a fee if you get caught.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:03 pm

I don't watchor read the news anymore. I follow weather and that's it

I don't have a problem with it just didn't expect it

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:23 pm

Quack wrote:No surprise here. Price of fed duck stamp has been in the news consistently for years. Last increase was about 20 years ago. I will still buy extras.

Agreed. Licenses and stamps are a bargain...best entertainment value out there.

I went bowling a couple weeks back when the in-laws were in town and for the four of us to bowl with a fifth watching and drinking the final tab was $287. Went to a generic local sports bar recently and for three of us after an appetizer we shared, standard fare entrees, and several beers each, it was $112 before tip.

If you honestly give a shyte about the federal duck stamp going up $10 for the first time in 22 years then quit hunting. Are there people that ride their bicycles to their hunting spots after bartering shoe shines for shot shells or something??? It's ten friggin' bucks! I routinely blow more than that at the gas station buying garbage I shouldn't consume anyways on my way to go hunting and that doesn't even account for any gas.

I love how when it comes to licenses everyone complains about a modest increase like that's going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back and causes them to go bankrupt or something.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Waterfowlist
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:30 pm

You can't put a price on a good time. I'll pay whatever they charge

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:31 am

Haha, yep lots of people complaining here

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:15 pm

You can get a good look up a butcher's ass, but it will cost you more than $10 to see the t-bone if you don't take the cow's word for it.

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”