Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Re: Your Best New Euipment Purchase for This Year Was...

Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:20 pm

Wise choice on the GM.

I had a Ford 1 ton truck for 2 months this fall--and sold it for a loss just to get rid of it.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:36 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Wise choice on the GM.

I had a Ford 1 ton truck for 2 months this fall--and sold it for a loss just to get rid of it.

GM is the way to go, have had two fords in my short time of owning vehicles and I was so unimpressed with the quality.

Jrp267
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:42 pm

Case of 10 gauge shells.

tyler
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:52 am

85 caprice wagon

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:57 am

Who was the guy form the Refuge guys that used to drive either a Pinto or Vega for hunting trips like 10 years ago? :lol:

BTW, I did not buy anything hunting specific this fall. I did buy some Redwing work boots last spring - no more sore feet - WOW. 2 thumbs up.

And my worst buy - I bought on black Friday some Irish Setter 800g insulated boots for 1/2 off from GM. I'm not nearly are pleased with these, laces are 8" too short, and the only insulation on the sole is a 1/16" thick foam removable insole. Thus they are too cold to wear if below 20 degrees. They needed at least a 5/16' thinck insole to keep the feet warm. And the soles are slippery on ice/packed snow :(

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:32 am

h2ofwlr wrote:Who was the guy form the Refuge guys that used to drive either a Pinto or Vega for hunting trips like 10 years ago? :lol:

BTW, I did not buy anything hunting specific this fall. I did buy some Redwing work boots last spring - no more sore feet - WOW. 2 thumbs up.

:(

I also bought a pair of Red Wing work boots this year, great boots.........
I used to drive a Pinto wagon to work for years, good car if you could keep the timing belt in them......
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:12 pm

My Toyota Tacoma. The baby truck did work this season. Some lady T-boned me last week though. :cry: Back to using my Honda Accord as a fishing truck. She is packed to the gills right now.

Bill Gilbertson
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:31 pm

Cabelas E.C.W.C.S. Polar Weight T-neck zippered top. I just got one for my wife too.

chevyobsession
Coot Commander

Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:46 pm

Bill Gilbertson wrote:Cabelas E.C.W.C.S. Polar Weight T-neck zippered top. I just got one for my wife too.

I have the ones I got in the army still. They are very warm and comfortable. Well worth the money.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:26 am

FIFY :mrgreen:

9manfan wrote:I used to drive a Pinto wagon to work for years, good car if you could keep the gas tank from blowing up......

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”