Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
Muskrat Hunter
Coot Commander

Re: MN Fowl Free Lance Spring Hunt

Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:58 am

I'm in also if other ppl have a wheeler I'll leave mine back and load the truck with decoys and the e caller

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

lumbertick
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:50 am

I am interested and would be pretty flexible on the days....however I do like the idea of mixing week days with a weekend to maximize time off of work. I am gonna see if the Bigdog wants to go....he may have some equipment. I personally can only promise to bring a lot of laughs and some really bad luck!

lt

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:55 am

I would be interested. We normally go Fri-Sun and an occasional Thursday once the migration is really on.

I could probably make any weekend work if I'm not already going out with buddies. Not sure what/if I can bring any gear since it is all shared.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:37 am

I'm in if there is room. I'd prefer to schedule it around a weekend and could take a couple days off during the week.

I only have like 80 socks. I could bring extra blinds.

chevyobsession
Coot Commander

Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:20 pm

I work every other weekend but would like to try and make it work. Thur-Sun would be nice. I don't have anything besides camo and a gun though.

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:39 pm

I'd guess March 19-23 just north of Yankton. Depending on any new snow fall. There's not much out there now to stop them from going north when it starts to melt.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:11 pm

emptymag wrote:I'd guess March 19-23 just north of Yankton. Depending on any new snow fall. There's not much out there now to stop them from going north when it starts to melt.

That seems to be a safe bet. We're usually by Watertown and north by the first weekend in April.

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:52 pm

Does anyone live near the SoDak border and would you be interested in doing some scouting in advance?

How about land owner contacts? I have one near Aberdeen that owns several sections. If not, we will doing some door knocking.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

Goldfish
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:01 pm

I have always wanted to do a spring snow hunt. I have Monday-Thursday off from work. Only thing I bring to three table is a layout (or two of I get my other one from Detroit lakes).

Sent from a phancy fone

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:28 pm

Sounds like this could work so far. The thing I don't see anyone havingis decoys. I have about 14 dozen silos. Anyone else have decoys? How many guys per spread? 6-8 or everyone together?Hunt 15 guys or so from one spread?
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”