Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Re: 2014 Snow Goose Reports

Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:15 pm

Lots of snows dieing in AR. Birds heading north with the warmer temps.

I'll be in NW MO next weekend.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:26 pm

emptymag wrote:Lots of snows dieing in AR. Birds heading north with the warmer temps.

Lucky.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:42 am

Where you guys reading reports at? I don't really use the reports as far as where to go but its nice to have a general idea of where the migration is at and follow it to get my fix til I'm sitting in the blind. Nodak will probably be a bust this year with the sale of the site, report thread is a little stale. Hunting snows seems to have minimal traffic. Hunt the north only updates once a week. I always check the nwr sites for counts etc. I like reading how the migration is progressing.

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:59 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Where you guys reading reports at? I don't really use the reports as far as where to go but its nice to have a general idea of where the migration is at and follow it to get my fix til I'm sitting in the blind. Nodak will probably be a bust this year with the sale of the site, report thread is a little stale. Hunting snows seems to have minimal traffic. Hunt the north only updates once a week. I always check the nwr sites for counts etc. I like reading how the migration is progressing.

I just watch guides and outfitters on Facebook a lot. Not perfect but it gets you a pretty good idea. If you are on there, check out Fusion Cartography. Last year they had great maps showing the migration.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:06 am

emptymag wrote:Lots of snows dieing in AR. Birds heading north with the warmer temps.

I think you'll hit it just right! Good luck!
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:39 am

greatwhitehunter3! wrote:
maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Where you guys reading reports at? I don't really use the reports as far as where to go but its nice to have a general idea of where the migration is at and follow it to get my fix til I'm sitting in the blind. Nodak will probably be a bust this year with the sale of the site, report thread is a little stale. Hunting snows seems to have minimal traffic. Hunt the north only updates once a week. I always check the nwr sites for counts etc. I like reading how the migration is progressing.

I just watch guides and outfitters on Facebook a lot. Not perfect but it gets you a pretty good idea. If you are on there, check out Fusion Cartography. Last year they had great maps showing the migration.

I refuse to be on Facebook...girlfriend set a page up one night for me when I was hammered and she knew I was not pleased...it was live for about 6 hrs haha

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:56 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:
I refuse to be on Facebook...girlfriend set a page up one night for me when I was hammered and she knew I was not pleased...it was live for about 6 hrs haha

Haha alright, well when they start posting I will put them on here for ya. Remind me in a couple weeks if I haven't posted any.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:21 pm

Thanks!

Sounds like NW MO and NE are getting birds in today.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:40 pm

I'm getting dragged along to family vacation to Branson, MO over spring break. Really hope they aren't moving through ND during that time. I've been looking forward to this since I decided was going to transfer to Crookston a year and a half ago.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:23 am

Squaw has 19,000 snow geese. Obviously nothing to get too excited about but its starting!

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”