Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Re: good opener

Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:32 pm

I think you guys are going to miss the big push while your season is closed.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:44 pm

Nershi wrote:I think you guys are going to miss the big push while your season is closed.

Why not? The last two years we missed on redheads and gadwalls during the close. Why would this year be any different?

your mom...
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:59 pm

gimpfinger wrote:
Nershi wrote:I think you guys are going to miss the big push while your season is closed.

Why not? The last two years we missed on redheads and gadwalls during the close. Why would this year be any different?

your mom...

You guys getting screwed is what made me realize the zones are far from perfect. I'm torn as to whether they help at all. But if they are going to keep them the central and south zones should be counted as the same and keep the central zones current split, but then make the SE corner the "south" zone and keep the current south zones split for that one.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:11 pm

I thought all the BWT left when we had that early frost? Are they going to leave again? But yes I'd love to be hunting right now!

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:27 pm

dwendt wrote:I thought all the BWT left when we had that early frost? Are they going to leave again? But yes I'd love to be hunting right now!

They've been gone for some time.

I know, I know...but but I shot two this weekend or I seen a flock ect ect. But in the really real world...they gone.

your mom...

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:43 pm

New Mexico early teal season is already over.

Buddy of mine between 12 and 212 said dang near all they saw were redheads last weekend. A couple teal, few wood ducks, but they were shooing the reds out of the decoys.

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:04 pm

gimpfinger wrote:
dwendt wrote:I thought all the BWT left when we had that early frost? Are they going to leave again? But yes I'd love to be hunting right now!

They've been gone for some time.

I know, I know...but but I shot two this weekend or I seen a flock ect ect. But in the really real world...they gone.

your mom...

I know, we're not allowed to hunt them like others south of us can.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:25 pm

lanyard wrote:New Mexico early teal season is already over.

Buddy of mine between 12 and 212 said dang near all they saw were redheads last weekend. A couple teal, few wood ducks, but they were shooing the reds out of the decoys.

Man I hope they hang around till Saturday. Heading to the camper for the weekend in search of birds we'll miss in the south zone.

your mom...

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:45 pm

Wish i could get out Friday as it looks pretty ducky that day. Oh well I will get out in a week or so when the kids sports die down a bit.

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:57 am

Trigger wrote:You guys getting screwed is what made me realize the zones are far from perfect. I'm torn as to whether they help at all. But if they are going to keep them the central and south zones should be counted as the same and keep the central zones current split, but then make the SE corner the "south" zone and keep the current south zones split for that one.

I agree. They have the ability to have more open water later in the season to hold the birds into late December and January. Very few options in the SW corner of the state for that.

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”