Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
tornadochaser
Mergie Marauder

Re: Anyone Witness "The Big Push" Yet?

Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:59 pm

Bailey wrote:Well actually most of the information I have is coming from buddies who live in South Dakota and have been scouting. The Sand Lake count is just an example of what I have been told has happened. There are pockets of birds but they are few and far between. It’s also getting brutally cold so most if not all open water will done after tonight- so I am told. Those are not my words mind you!

Been saying it all week, I'll say it again...the mallards here in SD are retarded right now. Me and a buddy showed up at a field today at noon only to see two others already there. They shot their 10 before they were even completely set up. Scouted and did some pass shooting tonight. Holy crap for juvy snows. Any feed this afternoon would pull migrators from jetliner altitudes. With the amount of snows that rolled in there will be more open water, not less.

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”