Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
Waterfowlist
Mergie Marauder

Re: South vs SE zone split

Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:51 am

Isn't the idea for SE to close it even more in oct. To go even later into December like 3 weeks

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:19 am

Waterfowlist wrote:SE would blow. Not enough mallard opportunities would be present to justify closing that part of the state for other times during the season.

Well they get what they ask for...bunch of lil tit babies.

your mom...
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:22 am

Waterfowlist wrote:Isn't the idea for SE to close it even more in oct. To go even later into December like 3 weeks

Oh I haven't heard anything like that. That would be dumb as hell.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Waterfowlist
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:23 am

I live and hunt SE and can't say there are enough mallards in HUNTABLE areas well into December every year.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:13 pm

I think the point being is that the current South zone dates would become the the SE dates. The rest of the current central zone would be rolled into the S zone. Meaning N zone, South zone and SE zone.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:45 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:I think the point being is that the current South zone dates would become the the SE dates. The rest of the current central zone would be rolled into the S zone. Meaning N zone, South zone and SE zone.

Get this done Al, I'm all for it...............
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:36 pm

Good luck getting the DNR to listen to any of this. They do what they want usually and always got the impression they don't really care what we think.

hobbydog
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:25 pm

Bailey wrote:Good luck getting the DNR to listen to any of this. They do what they want usually and always got the impression they don't really care what we think.

BS...Duck hunters have been crying and whining for splits for a long time. The DNR gave them a split and then a bigger split and guess what? Duck hunters are whining again like a bunch a wet labs.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:35 pm

^^^^ :-)

If the early reports are true, they can only adjust on a certain time frame... sounds like 2016. I think generally the DNR has done more for hunters under Landwehr. I wish they would get back to a more "command, control" communication style and skip the wishy-washy PR baloney... but my guess is there will be a time when the SE zone comes to fruition and they'll have "statistical" whatever they need to make things up.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:03 pm

shnelson wrote:Just a kind reminder to adhere to the site terms of use, I received a couple complaints about this thread and have made the appropriate edits.

No worries, thanks for the heads up. You've been very laid back and I [we] appreciate the long leash.

Sorry that Al...I mean the 'couple other people' complained to you......
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”