Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
otc
I'll Swat Your Decoys

Re: MN Fowl Free Lance Spring Hunt

Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:07 am

Looks like a healthy list. I don't think i can make it this year. There would be a possibility of hooking up during the week if I'm out before the rest of the boys. I should be out there most of the time you guys will be. If scouting pans out i can point you in the right direction also. Chuck sorry i haven't gotten back to you earlyer but its been crazy around here this winter! We deffinately need to at least get together for beers one night. You've got some story's to tell me!

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:57 am

You can take my name off the list.

there has been minimal work this winter for me with the cold weather. And I have yet to even start my WDB and MHN maintenance, again due to the cold weather thus far. The ducks could be here in force in 5 weeks time and have 150+- boxes/nests to do, so I will focus on getting that done.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Goldfish
Mergie Marauder

Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:19 pm

cstemig wrote:We should share our contact info; i.e. cell phone numbers, e-mail, etc. Send me your info and I will return the same.

With the likelihood of some short notice hunts, we need to be able to quickly communicate with each other.

I'll pm you my email, but I'm only able to go during the week

Sent from a phancy fone

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:24 pm

Al, we are going to miss you. Thanks for the heads-up. If anything changes, keep us in mind.

OTC; Yeah, we need to get together somehow. During the week is a real possibility.

Goldfish, p.m. received and responded to .

As I mentioned before, we may have to do a couple of hunts, one during the week and another on a weekend.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

Gordon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:13 am

What is the license requirement? and any thoughts to a general area of a hunt? I'm seeing friends from down south post pictures of swarms of white and I am getting pretty excited!
Craigslist Prostaff

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:36 am

tola18 wrote:What is the license requirement? and any thoughts to a general area of a hunt? I'm seeing friends from down south post pictures of swarms of white and I am getting pretty excited!

$45 license. I recommend buying online and printing it. Saves a lot of headaches like we've gone through in the past.

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:37 am

I'm still not sure my availability but I will try to make it happen for this hunt. Maybe make the midweek one and then meet up with my hunting buddies for the weekend.

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:47 pm

Buy your non-resident license on-line and print a copy off to keep on your person. Go to gfp.sd.gov/hunting/waterfowl and check them out.

If the weather permits, we may be hunting in the next 10-14 days. Hopefully someone on this list also has some connections/scouts in SoDak and can give is a heads-up about the bird movement. Internet scouting is not always reliable and the GFP staff in SoDak are usually a couple of days late with their reports.

If not, I will be doing some driving and then calling those on the list.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

tornadochaser
Mergie Marauder

Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:37 am

Cstemig, sent you a pm.

Musher
Coot Commander

Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:36 pm

It would be a great time and I could use some time away.

Our daughter informed us we are going to be grandparent and our son decided to get married. With those announcements and a crazy busy work schedule I can't get away this spring.

It was very generous offer and I wish those that go have a safe and successful trip.

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”