Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Re: MN Fowl Free Lance Spring Hunt

Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:23 am

Chuck check your PM's.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:27 am

Frankly Chuck, I think most geese will be in ND a week from now. DL ND is supposed to be 60 on Wed. Northern SD will be 50 tomorrow and 68 on Wed. If I was going to go to SD for a 5 days, I'd be leaving tommorow. If for ND, I'd leave tomorrow too and start in the SE area.

Good luck to those heading out.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:13 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Frankly Chuck, I think most geese will be in ND a week from now. DL ND is supposed to be 60 on Wed. Northern SD will be 50 tomorrow and 68 on Wed. If I was going to go to SD for a 5 days, I'd be leaving tommorow. If for ND, I'd leave tomorrow too and start in the SE area.

Good luck to those heading out.

I'm not so sure. A lot of birds in southern Nebraska yet.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:38 pm

If it were me I would hunt central/northern SD next week and hope for a south wind. Lots of birds still to come up.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:39 pm

Thing I am trying to figure out is just how many juvies are going to stay behind once it warms up. Everyone is saying they are all mixed in with adults with very few pure juvy flocks around. So if the adults say its time to head north fast are the juvies mixed in just going to go with them? I dunno...we'll be making a decision early next week if its SD or ND...and probably not buy licenses until we are physically out there in case we decide we need to head north. Most years guys are shooting birds for weeks after everyone says they are long gone...

Bucky Goldstein
I'll Swat Your Decoys

Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:23 pm

i just spent 6 days in SD...toughest spring trip we've had in a long time due to a bunch of variables...but we all know the most dominant variable is the white devil itself

anyways I wish I could go back but I can't...if I could go I would without a doubt be heading to northern SD

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”