Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Re: Snow Goose Hunting in the Fall

Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:29 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Was it polite? Or were you grinding an axe?

Definition of civil from the dictionary: courteous and polite.

You remind me of a 8 YO caught with chocolate on your fingers and around your mouth and when Mom asks - "did you eat those chocolate chip cookies I was saving for company tonight?" "No Ma I didn't eat them". :lol:

Apparently thinking someone knows everything and vocalizing it isn't polite.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:43 am

h2ofwlr wrote:When I've hunted SD in the late fall(mid Nov)--I did not encounter other Snow hunters where I was hunting.

Instead of offering help, you criticize those that do. :roll: Get over yourselves.

As a reminder: NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.

Just because someone corrects you when are you are wrong does not mean they are being uncivil. The rules of this forum aren't designed to let you just lie without being called out on it.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:44 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Was it polite? Or were you grinding an axe?

Definition of civil from the dictionary: courteous and polite.

You remind me of a 8 YO caught with chocolate on your fingers and around your mouth and when Mom asks - "did you eat those chocolate chip cookies I was saving for company tonight?" "No Ma I didn't eat them". :lol:

"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."

---Elbert Hubbard
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:40 pm

Trigger wrote:Just because someone corrects you when are you are wrong does not mean they are being uncivil. The rules of this forum aren't designed to let you just lie without being called out on it.

Interesting. So someone "corrects" my personal experience. :roll: They may have a different experience than I, but that does not make them or I right or wrong, we just have different experiences. That is like me correcting a Dad here on their experience being a father. :lol: How the hell does one "correct" anothers personal experience?
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:46 pm

Nershi wrote:Fowler have you actually been to ND during deer season or do you just regurgitate what you hear? I always heard the same thing and last year we did a trip in deer season and the only fresh signs where on tree rows and old abandoned farms because that is where the deer are. Farmers could care less about the middle of a field where the birds are. We found that gaining access was actually easier because no one is hunting birds anymore so the farmers aren't getting their doors knocked on three times a day.

Yes I tried it and there were a LOT more posted fields right before deer season. And when I asked to hunt geese - "no as we do not want the deer disturbed as we'll be hunting them". That's is my experience. Also motels are a LOT harder to come by as the NR that hunt deer book them out.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:44 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:
Nershi wrote:Fowler have you actually been to ND during deer season or do you just regurgitate what you hear? I always heard the same thing and last year we did a trip in deer season and the only fresh signs where on tree rows and old abandoned farms because that is where the deer are. Farmers could care less about the middle of a field where the birds are. We found that gaining access was actually easier because no one is hunting birds anymore so the farmers aren't getting their doors knocked on three times a day.

Yes I tried it and there were a LOT more posted fields right before deer season. And when I asked to hunt geese - "no as we do not want the deer disturbed as we'll be hunting them". That's is my experience. Also motels are a LOT harder to come by as the NR that hunt deer book them out.

I wasn't going to say anything although I suspected you to be full of it but this comment confirms to me that you are a liar.

I lived in ND for a decade. ND issues only 1% of their gun deer licenses to non-residents. The NR's that do get a license are typically residents who have moved out of state and came back to hunt with their family...I.E. they aren't staying at a hotel/motel. There isn't an easier time to get a room in ND than during deer season.

I'd be willing to make a bet with you that during their deer season I can call pretty much any hotel/motel in the state (not in oil country) and book a room THAT day. I'll let you pick them and I'll call to reserve a room.

What should the wager be?

The people that are at hotels are residents hunting in a different part of the state. Not NR's. Not enough to not be able to find a room.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:44 pm

So when I called and asked the motel where I wanted to hunt, and she laughed and said deer opener is booked for months ahead was lieing to me, eh? And the next closest motel a county over said they were were booked out a few weeks back already for deer hunting. I guess they did not want to take money from a blue plater, eh? Okay........

That was my experience, if yours is different great.

Frankly this decent topic has been butchered by the snipers for no good reason. This site is now turning into TOS with the BS bashing. :evil:

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:39 pm

There is tons of lodging during deer season. The guy we rent houses from told us we can have our deposit back if it freezes up early and we don't come because the house would be empty if we weren't out there. He has a few houses and the others are always empty.

Who would leave Minnesota to deer hunt on the prairie pot hole region? I'm no deer hunter but that doesn't make sense to me.

I wasn't trying to snipe. Just pointing out my experience.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:40 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Frankly this decent topic has been butchered by the snipers for no good reason. This site is now turning into TOS with the BS bashing. :evil:

You are the one making it that.

Like I said, I lived in ND for over ten years and I'm sorry but what you are saying is not true. Please don't try to make anyone else the jerk for your lies.

Again, what do you want to wager? You try to shift the topic and avoid reality. I'm willing to confirm my opinion with something that would substantiate it. You on the other hand go to your defense mode and avoid the legitimate claims I'm making (as well others).

I shot 11 deer in ND as a resident. 1 was a mule deer doe. I also shot 2 pronghorns out of the 3 pronghorn tags I had. I have a decent pronghorn buck that I shot during the last season it was open (before this year) that took me 5 years to draw the tag for, because it is residents only.

I will post a picture of the whitetail bucks with the tag as well as the pronghorn buck to give credence to my stance.

What can you offer to back your opinion besides more lies?
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:48 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:So when I called and asked the motel where I wanted to hunt, and she laughed and said deer opener is booked for months ahead was lieing to me, eh?

Again, you tell me the towns and I will bet you $100 that I can call the weekend of deer opener and book a room. If I can, well...you owe me $100...

I am the one calling you out putting skin in the game. If you'd like we can set this up where the money is through paypal and sitting there with a third party waiting to verify the results. However you want to do this, dead serious, I will do it. This isn't just some BS thrown online. You let me know how YOU want this to happen and I'd be more than willing to accommodate YOU.

What else do want?
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”