Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
soolong
Coot Commander

Re: Sunrise through thick fog welcomes young hunters

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:46 pm

Yeah he dropped the first two in four shots. Then he went on bad streak. He was pretty disappointed in himself after that. With a little encouraging he got back in to the swing at the end. I think he recovered nicely. I was just being truthful. Next time I will lie to make my 14 year old son look better so I don't have any negative responses. I am sure all waterfowl hunters were great shots at 14. I thought I had found a mature forum where I could share real experiences. I should not feel like I need to defend a 14 year old hunter but there will always be hunters who forgot where they came from. I am sorry you feel this way. Disappointed. :(
I like most things with white cheeks.

soolong
Coot Commander

Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:25 pm

I new better. Thanks for your hospitality I am gone soolong out.
I like most things with white cheeks.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:15 pm

soolong wrote:I new better. Thanks for your hospitality I am gone soolong out.

You are more sensitive than a 14 year old..... girl.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Goldfish
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:15 am

Soolong don't let these ding dongs even bother you for a second

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:59 am

Bye.
Dominate The Skies.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:04 am

StuStiltman wrote:
I'm wondering how sarcasm from an adult will benefit the kids or the future of waterfowl hunting.

Well, for one, it was dang funny and very, very obvious, so I personally didn't think it was out of line. Pushed the edge, but that's what makes funny happen.

Two, the thing that cracked me up most: that is how every other "participation event" is managed in this modern era.... "Hey, you showed up... have a medal!" at best. At worst, "Hey, your parents signed you up and you never showed your face at a practice or half the games.... have a medal!" Then, there is nothing better than the kids that can't make the last game and the parents call wondering when you're going to drop off the god awful piece of plastic that says "#1". The image of some dad, showing up late, convincing the duck giver out'er to go give his kids a duck, too.... priceless.

2 boxes of shells~ plenty of hunter peeps think that's a "good day", regardless of age. Tells me there are enough ducks around that even the challenged adults will get some shooting on opener.... and we still have a shot at birds in 2020/2025 or whenever Anderson said the duck's will end.

I'm glad you guys are getting out and enjoying this. It's not going away, and I will have my kids out too, regardless of personal feelings about YWD as a policy. No electronics, the nervousness in early morning dark, anxious anticipation waiting for shooting time and breakfast in a small town diner after the hunt.... without having to listen to me biatch about, "okay, we gotta leave by 4:00 if we're going to get that spot....", or hopefully, "... STUPID sons a b!tches that don't adjust their starting time by latitude...." as all the birds leave the slough while I'm drinking a cup of coffee.

I hate people. My hope for my kids is YWD is maybe DDBD~ Decreased Douche Bad Day.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:08 am

No one hates a duck hunter as much as another duck hunter.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:01 am

Nershi wrote:No one hates a duck hunter as much as another duck hunter.

It's not all duck hunters though.... just the ones that don't do what I think they should :-)

The worst is when the duck hunter I'm hating the most is the one I'm hunting with :lol: Too many times I'm related to them. It will probably be my kids.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:03 pm

For reals?

Wow dude, wipe the sand out of your crotch. I'm sorry not everyone here kissed your azz for going out and enjoying yourself with your son and being self-serving. Why did you even post that if all you wanted was a pat on the back? It's not like you took out a bunch of fatherless black kids from the inner city...I'm sure your kid will be out with you on opener, so what exactly did you accomplish besides having a good time? I'm not saying you should have any guilt from doing that but don't get so butt-hurt when a bunch of strangers aren't trying to give you a medal and congratulate you online.

"Soo-long," I'm guessing you were never planning to stay....just a hunch. Enjoy yourself at the next MWHA banquet when they pin a medal on your chest for doing what any decent father should. Take care.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:26 am

Soolong I enjoyed your post but you need to have thick skin on this site. It seems like you might be better fit for DHC. Most of the guys over there don't know shyt about hunting but they are good at patting each other on the back.

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”