Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Re: Lake Christina

Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:45 am

Bullet21XD wrote:
lanyard wrote:
It will take a decade for the lake/management plan to find its groove.

That's what the experts said a decade ago.

Yeah, it's the problem with the poisons~ rotenone never fixed the problem: too high of water. What they could observe though is the bounce back of the chara and sago for the year or two afterwards.

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:14 pm

WALKER wrote:I enjoyed the star trib article even though it was written by Anderson. It would be fun to
hunt Christina once due to its history & the thousands of dollars in restoration that have been
spent. Have to add that one to the bucket list.

X2

It was a actual positive article from DA about actually seeing ducks. Would like to see more of the positive stuff vs all the doom and gloom.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

tornadochaser
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:30 pm

get-n-birdy wrote:Would like to see more of the positive stuff vs all the doom and gloom.

First he'd have to start hunting with guys that kill ducks instead of going with guys who sit on the same point 3 days a year.

WALKER
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:40 pm

lanyard wrote:No guides that I know of. Go north out of the public access. The motorized zone has most of the hunting structure, you'll want a pop-up blind on your boat.

Thanks for the info lanyard. I'll shoot ya a PM if decide to head that way.

NitroZ9 Duck Killin
No longer welcome here.

Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:16 pm

A trash duck hunt would be awesome.

ducksmuggler
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:17 pm

I would be game for a day in the blind with Walker.... that said I have room in my boat for 3 including me..
You can bad mouth a mans gun, his shooting, and his women but bad mouth his dog them's fighting words.

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”