Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: What Made Your Season Memorable This Year?

Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:00 am

wooduck26 wrote:I will remember this as the worst duck season of my life. Not Kidding.

Same for me but reading about fowler having an epic hunt and eating duck makes all my pain go away. Walking into a field to hunt in SD during the blizzard was fun though and stepping into a five foot drift in the ditch on the walk out. Pretty interesting stuff but the birds just flew right on over and never stopped.

triplecurler
Mergie Marauder

Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:38 am

Most memorable for me was doing a little extra work after the soft life's quit because of some ice and having the area to myself and killing ducks.
Ask Al how to successfully nest wood ducks, see you next season.

duck_dynasty
Coot Commander

Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:24 pm

Shot my first bull can

Gordon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:39 am

I had a very forgettable waterfowl season... Just couldn't seem to get on them like we had the past few years.
Craigslist Prostaff

OTCKid
I'll Swat Your Decoys

Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:33 pm

Easy one for me: taking my 9 year old duck hunting for the first time. Seeing his face when a flock of mallards buzzed the tower first thing in the morning is something I'll never forget. He probably won't either. He's hooked.

Second, for sure, is getting back into it myself after several years of not hunting waterfowl at all. Forgotten how much I loved it.

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”