Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
Perch_44
Mergie Marauder

Hunting Nebraska - Who has done it?

Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:11 pm

Who has hunted Nebraska late in the season?

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Re: Hunting Nebraska - Who has done it?

Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:25 pm

I have. I might have to this year.

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:27 pm

I've often considered Nebraska or Kansas.

Guys that have - free range or guide?

Perch_44
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:45 pm

Hansen wrote:I have. I might have to this year.

we may be in touch steve...

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:20 pm

Let me know man.

I have a cousin that lives in Lincoln. It's mainly honkers. He might have an "in" on the Platte but access can be tough.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:09 pm

I've always heard that access on the Platte is tough. Excuse my ignorance but it's a river---why couldn't you just boat down it and set up? Or does Nebraska have different water rules than MN?
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:23 pm

You can...it's just dry ground that's hard to get. All field hunters in NE.
Dominate The Skies.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:54 pm

I've hunted it, but was with a Nebraskan who had stuff on lol down so I didn't need to know anything. I might head down there over thanksgiving this year. I'm going to brig a canoe and freelance, I think it's pretty easy.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:51 pm

I lived down there for a fall and did some hunting. Wouldn't call myself an expert my any stretch tho. The areas I would recommend are the Sand Hills and the Rainwater Basins. I think the Niobrara river is really good as well and doesn't have much pressure because of how far in the boonies it is, and its also really pretty in that area so it could make for some dramatic hunts.

I've been talking about going and hunting the Valentine area because I have a buddy who lives down that way for years but haven't gotten the time to do it.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:50 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:I lived down there for a fall and did some hunting. Wouldn't call myself an expert my any stretch tho. The areas I would recommend are the Sand Hills and the Rainwater Basins. I think the Niobrara river is really good as well and doesn't have much pressure because of how far in the boonies it is, and its also really pretty in that area so it could make for some dramatic hunts.

I've been talking about going and hunting the Valentine area because I have a buddy who lives down that way for years but haven't gotten the time to do it.

Any insight to the water access laws?
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”