Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
Lars30
Coot Commander

Re: Open water and iced over reports.

Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:07 pm

How about this scenario--

Do it somewhat like the Dakotas, for instance, the DNR says the season will open Sept. 12(example) and close on Dec. 31, you get 60 days(consecutive) to choose on your license, Choose them wisely. This way no one will complain about missing the early BWT and woodies and losing days on a split, and the south area can get the late season hunting that they want/like.
Call em in and take em out

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:17 pm

Lake Riley in Eden Prairie iced over, so I guess that's out for end of season.

ducksmuggler
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:25 pm

Lars30 wrote:How about this scenario--

Do it somewhat like the Dakotas, for instance, the DNR says the season will open Sept. 12(example) and close on Dec. 31, you get 60 days(consecutive) to choose on your license, Choose them wisely. This way no one will complain about missing the early BWT and woodies and losing days on a split, and the south area can get the late season hunting that they want/like.

because the FED's do not allow it they need hard dates, and ND and SD do it for non res.
You can bad mouth a mans gun, his shooting, and his women but bad mouth his dog them's fighting words.

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:51 pm

Lars30 wrote:

How is that anything "like the Dakotas"?
Dominate The Skies.

tyler
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:59 pm

Bullet21XD wrote:
Lars30 wrote:

How is that anything "like the Dakotas"?

i'll take my 60 in march/april

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:37 pm

LOL ^^^ I'm with on that one, even if the limit was 3 a day and had to be drakes.

Is not a resident season in ND 70 days + the high plain season on the MO River for 3 weeks? Lars, I'm not sure what you are talking about choosing 60 days part is about.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:20 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:LOL ^^^ I'm with on that one, even if the limit was 3 a day and had to be drakes.

Is not a resident season in ND 70 days + the high plain season on the MO River for 3 weeks? Lars, I'm not sure what you are talking about choosing 60 days part is about.

You would want to hunt ducks in the spring, it's unethical.

But his idea is pretty obvious, he's using the NODAK non-res license structure in a way. You get a 60 day block to hunt ducks, you get to choose the start date and it would end 60 days after that. That way early season lovers (aka guys who like to shoot lots of ducks) could do it, while the late season guys (aka guys who don't like to shoot lots of ducks) could start later in order to miss the migration but hunt some tail end mallards because they are "pretty".
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:33 pm

^^^Lots of win in that post.

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:44 pm

The Indians can do it, so us Whites should be able to do it too.

I doubt the the Feds would go for it as an enforcement nightmare. That being said, I must say that is an interesting concept of "choosing" your own 60 days.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:00 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:The Indians can do it, so us Whites should be able to do it too.

I doubt the the Feds would go for it as an enforcement nightmare. That being said, I must say that is an interesting concept of "choosing" your own 60 days.

No we shouldn't. That just foolish to say.

And why would it be an enforcement nightmare? Just because it's something different that we do now?? If you get checked while hunting on October 1, but your license doesn't start til the 2nd, ylu get a ticket. That doesn't sound very nightmarish to me.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”