Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Poll results from the 2015 Waterfowl Symposium

Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:07 am

Here is some interesting feed back on our hunting regulations. These polls are in regard to duck hunting regulations. Attendees were asked to answer the questions on the various issues.

The MN DNR should open a teal season in 2015 (IE 7 day, early Sept, 6 teal bag).
Strongly agree 8
Agree 4
Neutral 2
Disagree 6
Strongly disagree 42

Overwhelming minimal support for a teal season. Myself, I was surprised at how strong the opposition was to the early Teal season, 4 of 5 are opposed. BTW, I've heard that DNR managers are hearing the same all over the state in recent months. Another words, it looks very unlikely that MN will have an early 2015 Teal season.

The MN DNR should maintain a 3 wood duck daily limit.
Strongly agree 20
Agree 8
Neutral 3
Disagree 5
Strongly disagree 20

Sharply divided

The MN DNR should maintain a 2 hen Mallard daily bag limit.
Strongly agree 18
Agree 19
Neutral 4
Disagree 1
Strongly disagree 14

There is strong support to continue it

The MN DNR should maintain the current restriction on motorized decoys
Strongly agree 18
Agree 9
Neutral 10
Disagree 6
Strongly disagree 15

The amount of neutrals suggests that this is not as hot of an issue as it was a few years back, but it is still a divided subject.

I know that some of the out spoken internet jockeys here will be all pissed off. But quite frankly you are viewed by the professionals in a very poor light because of your past actions of acting like 12 year olds, so they will not even consider your theatrical outcries.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Re: Poll results from the 2015 Waterfowl Symposium

Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:05 pm

Thanks for posting this Al, I'm not at all surprised by the results of the early teal season.........
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:31 pm

Honestly the only place I see support for the teal season is on here and other mn based hunting forums. This is just me and my experiences but I haven't met anyone in real life who wants it.

I def think we should keep it to 3 wood ducks and I wouldn't mind having them make the use of spinners available sooner.

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:01 pm

The spinner thing baffles the hell out of me. I haven't had good luck with a spinner over water in years. I get it for fields but I don't hunt fields. Besides, field hunting doesn't get serious until after the spinner opener anyway.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:05 pm

Why I hate mn hunters. To many feelings and false bullshit being spred.

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:56 pm

Thanks Al for posting this info. I'm with Gimpfinger on it, "We are our own worst enemies."
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:20 am

How many average hunters...like many on this site...go to the waterfowl symposium? I really feel that the results are skewed. Why doesn't the DNR send out a questionnaire to everyone who purchased a waterfowl stamp and see how they feel. I may be wrong but I think overall results would be much different than 100 guys sitting in Bloomington.

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:16 pm

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:How many average hunters...like many on this site...go to the waterfowl symposium? I really feel that the results are skewed. Why doesn't the DNR send out a questionnaire to everyone who purchased a waterfowl stamp and see how they feel. I may be wrong but I think overall results would be much different than 100 guys sitting in Bloomington.

You're correct. Bluehairs and anti hunters are the ones going to the symposium.

These "attendees" that were polled likely haven't fired a shotgun in decades.
Dominate The Skies.

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:13 pm

Symposium definitely attracts a certain audience. Will be interesting to see the results of the random hunter survey conducted over this past winter. Mn has something in the water though... We hate to see wildlife die. Anti hunting duck hunters, only state in the union that feeds deer, etc.

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:34 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:How many average hunters...like many on this site...go to the waterfowl symposium? I really feel that the results are skewed. Why doesn't the DNR send out a questionnaire to everyone who purchased a waterfowl stamp and see how they feel. I may be wrong but I think overall results would be much different than 100 guys sitting in Bloomington.

That is a really good idea....seriously. It would allow a larger group of sportsmen/women to express their concerns. Has anyone tried suggesting this to the DNR?
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”