Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Re: Marsh Lake

Thu May 07, 2015 3:13 pm

get-n-birdy wrote:I hope they drain it, then plant corn in its basin.

So just like the ending of "The Old Man and the Slough?"
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Big Doe Hunter
Mergie Marauder

Fri May 08, 2015 2:56 pm

I 'googled' Old Man and the Slough and didn't find anything. Please explain.
get-n-birdy wrote:Remember, just because it's not legal doesn't mean you can't do it, there's just a fee if you get caught.

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Sat May 09, 2015 12:18 am

Let's face it, if they drained it and planted corn, you could shoot more mallards than now.

I don't need anymore walleye or minnow filled waters in this state. I want more ducks and ditch chickens. You can usually tell when a slough takes a dump. Enter a few years of minnows and Bah-zing-Gahh, crap-oh duck water.

Speaking of Swan, I need to get into a good cussing match, anyone got any good points or bays to hunt on in Swan?
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 11, 2015 1:08 pm

get-n-birdy wrote:Let's face it, if they drained it and planted corn, you could shoot more mallards than now.

I don't need anymore walleye or minnow filled waters in this state. I want more ducks and ditch chickens. You can usually tell when a slough takes a dump. Enter a few years of minnows and Bah-zing-Gahh, crap-oh duck water.

Speaking of Swan, I need to get into a good cussing match, anyone got any good points or bays to hunt on in Swan?

Well when fowler tried to down wind me and screamed at my friend, I was in Poor Farm Bay, not to far from the north access. But fowler doesn't hunt swan anymore. Probably because of the lack of ethics and people trying to downwind him after he successfully downwinded someone else.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 11, 2015 1:48 pm

Big Doe Hunter wrote:I 'googled' Old Man and the Slough and didn't find anything. Please explain.

It's an unpublished short story that many consider to be on the same level as McQuarie. It was an instant classic and an unedited glimpse into the demise of a once great tradition.

FF anyway that could be reposted?

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 11, 2015 2:17 pm

Stute Slap wrote:FF anyway that could be reposted?

I sure hope so.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 11, 2015 2:23 pm

I've never hunted Marsh Lake. I want to try it once.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 11, 2015 3:55 pm

Hansen wrote:I've never hunted Marsh Lake. I want to try it once.

For the true Marsh Lake experience one must go on MEA weekend.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 11, 2015 4:32 pm

Mr. Lee used to bang the snot out of the ducks on the vaunted Marsh Lake. It is pure magic!

tornadochaser
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 11, 2015 6:49 pm

Guys like Lee, bullet, and the other 1%'ers in MN could bang a limit of ducks out on a random drainage ditch.

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”