Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: Marsh Lake

Tue May 12, 2015 10:59 am

tornadochaser wrote:Guys like Lee, bullet, and the other 1%'ers in MN could bang a limit of ducks out on a random drainage ditch.

Maybe but Marsh Lake is a special place!

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Tue May 12, 2015 1:27 pm

Over the past years if there were more ducks at Carlos Avery than Marsh, Lee and Bullet would be there at Carlos. Simply put there were/are more ducks in western Mn than eastern MN.

IMHO, if ND allowed NR guides, Lee would have been there instead of Western MN. And if ND allowed a season long lic, Bullet would have been in ND too.

It's not rocket science gentlemen, if you want duck success as defined by limits, go where the birds are - their main flyway. It's like the spring snow goose season, go where they are. Same for ducks.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Tue May 12, 2015 3:13 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Over the past years if there were more ducks at Carlos Avery than Marsh, Lee and Bullet would be there at Carlos. Simply put there were/are more ducks in western Mn than eastern MN.

IMHO, if ND allowed NR guides, Lee would have been there instead of Western MN. And if ND allowed a season long lic, Bullet would have been in ND too.

It's not rocket science gentlemen, if you want duck success as defined by limits, go where the birds are - their main flyway. It's like the spring snow goose season, go where they are. Same for ducks.

No point making it harder than it needs to be.
Dominate The Skies.

Big Doe Hunter
Mergie Marauder

Tue May 12, 2015 3:25 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:IMHO, if ND allowed NR guides, Lee would have been there instead of Western MN. And if ND allowed a season long lic, Bullet would have been in ND too.

I'm pretty sure Aitkin is not Western MN.
get-n-birdy wrote:Remember, just because it's not legal doesn't mean you can't do it, there's just a fee if you get caught.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Tue May 12, 2015 4:35 pm

Big Doe Hunter wrote:
h2ofwlr wrote:IMHO, if ND allowed NR guides, Lee would have been there instead of Western MN. And if ND allowed a season long lic, Bullet would have been in ND too.

I'm pretty sure Aitkin is not Western MN.

True,but generally you got to get to Aitkin before you get to Remer....

If you're North of 210, you can get to Remer without going Aitkin.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue May 12, 2015 5:52 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:It's not rocket science gentlemen, if you want duck success as defined by limits, go where the birds are - their main flyway.

Lol!

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Tue May 12, 2015 7:22 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Simply put there were/are more ducks in western Mn than eastern MN.

Great, now all the interweb scouters will be out in western mn in full force this fall.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Tue May 12, 2015 7:25 pm

Nershi wrote:
h2ofwlr wrote:It's not rocket science gentlemen, if you want duck success as defined by limits, go where the birds are - their main flyway.

Lol!

I define a successful duck as a pretty sunrise, seeing a pair of loners and sharing a slough with more hunters than ducks.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

StuStiltman
Mergie Marauder

Tue May 12, 2015 8:43 pm

get-n-birdy wrote:
h2ofwlr wrote:Simply put there were/are more ducks in western Mn than eastern MN.

Great, now all the interweb scouters will be out in western mn in full force this fall.

Lol!!! Good luck to them. There's no way to prove it, but I bet more ducks have been shot over rice beds in central mn than mudholes in western mn over the last 5 or so years. So all you internet scouters ( all 2 or 3 of you) should go there, or to marsh, or to nodak, or to hell, if you can't go to hell, try Iowa.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Tue May 12, 2015 8:54 pm

I actually seen better reports for the eastern half of the state last year.

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”