Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
Quack
Mergie Marauder

Re: Marsh Lake

Wed May 13, 2015 7:54 am

Carlos Avery was the place to be !

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Wed May 13, 2015 8:44 am

Eastern MN suck and is an area void of all waterfowl, West is the place to be . . . . start scouting now!

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed May 13, 2015 12:47 pm

StuStiltman wrote: or to hell, if you can't go to hell, try Iowa.

That was a low blow! LMBO!
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Thu May 14, 2015 11:10 am

There actually are ducks at carols or at least used to now. Now I imagine they just stay in the refuge after getting blasted at few times by the masses. Mr. Lee would not be busting out limits each time if Marsh was not a pretty good Marsh. He was hunting it for a reason.

They have a sign in Dawson that says Goose Capital of the World. They should put a sign at Marsh that says Duck Capitol of the World!!!!

h2ofwlr wrote:Over the past years if there were more ducks at Carlos Avery than Marsh, Lee and Bullet would be there at Carlos. Simply put there were/are more ducks in western Mn than eastern MN.

IMHO, if ND allowed NR guides, Lee would have been there instead of Western MN. And if ND allowed a season long lic, Bullet would have been in ND too.

It's not rocket science gentlemen, if you want duck success as defined by limits, go where the birds are - their main flyway. It's like the spring snow goose season, go where they are. Same for ducks.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Thu May 14, 2015 11:20 am

Bailey wrote:There actually are ducks at carols or at least used to now. Now I imagine they just stay in the refuge after getting blasted at few times by the masses. Mr. Lee would not be busting out limits each time if Marsh was not a pretty good Marsh. He was hunting it for a reason.

They have a sign in Dawson that says Goose Capital of the World. They should put a sign at Marsh that says Duck Capitol of the World!!!!

h2ofwlr wrote:Over the past years if there were more ducks at Carlos Avery than Marsh, Lee and Bullet would be there at Carlos. Simply put there were/are more ducks in western Mn than eastern MN.

IMHO, if ND allowed NR guides, Lee would have been there instead of Western MN. And if ND allowed a season long lic, Bullet would have been in ND too.

It's not rocket science gentlemen, if you want duck success as defined by limits, go where the birds are - their main flyway. It's like the spring snow goose season, go where they are. Same for ducks.

It's Watson that has the goose sign and Boyd has the tittie bar.

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Thu May 14, 2015 11:46 am

Cosmos is on the way to Marsh Lake from the Cities... Cosmos used to have a tittie bar.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Thu May 14, 2015 11:57 am

You are correcet. My bad.

It is the Goose Capitol of the World and they have no geese!

lanyard wrote:Cosmos is on the way to Marsh Lake from the Cities... Cosmos used to have a tittie bar.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Thu May 14, 2015 1:32 pm

lanyard wrote:Cosmos is on the way to Marsh Lake from the Cities... Cosmos used to have a tittie bar.

Cosmos tittie bar is no more.

Boyd used to be good. All girls from sw state u in Marshall. Haven't been there in a few years.

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Thu May 14, 2015 1:37 pm

Cosmos has been closed for years.

Boyd . . . . . never heard of it, never been there. ;)

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu May 14, 2015 2:04 pm

I miss the old Corner Bar in Marshall...............
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”