Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Re: Marsh Lake

Fri May 15, 2015 7:37 am

9manfan wrote:I miss the old Corner Bar in Marshall...............

I've got into a heap of trouble there way back when. . . . . .

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Fri May 15, 2015 9:31 am

Hansen wrote:
9manfan wrote:I miss the old Corner Bar in Marshall...............

I've got into a heap of trouble there way back when. . . . . .

The good old days, a good friend of mine and I worked at different shops about 2 blocks form the Old Corner Bar, we used to drive there after work, park out front, go in and have couple pitchers of beer, get educated and leave and never worry about anything......but I guess that was 30 years ago....... :lol:
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Fri May 15, 2015 8:01 pm

The Juice Bar in Cosmos was probably one of the finest gentlemen's club I've ever had the pleasure of participating in.

Every night was all-request night, as in they requested that you brought in CDs from your car to play on the boom box that acted as the sound system. They had such awesome theme nights a "C-Section Saturdays" and "Cellulite Sundays" and although some of the bigger girls had to duck so they wouldn't hit their heads on the ceiling, the plywood stage offered a good view and the church basement style folding chairs were very comfortable.

The best part was that I heard that they allegedly would allow kids to get trashed when they were all way underage as long as they BYOB and, if the mood struck, a guy could get a handy or mouth hug out in a vehicle for about the same price as a decent case of beer.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Fri May 15, 2015 10:29 pm

Truth on the handy or mouth hug.

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Fri May 15, 2015 10:46 pm

Maybe the duck hunting would be better in Minnesota, or at least more duck hunters, if them places were back to what they were :-)

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Sat May 16, 2015 12:05 am

Mr lee could hit marsh again next year and knock the snot out of the mallards. Thay are there for the taking.

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Sun May 17, 2015 5:57 pm

I thought lakes are a bad place to hunt ducks? Yet all you guys talk about is marsh LAKE, north LAKE, pelican LAKE....

Ahhh the cosmos juice bar. Went there a few nights in high school and early college.The best one was a guy that I know walked in a saw his cousin(yes female) dancing on stage.

Anyone know if Lookers is still open up by Alexandria?
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Big Doe Hunter
Mergie Marauder

Sun May 17, 2015 7:24 pm

Bailey wrote:Mr lee could hit marsh again next year and knock the snot out of the mallards. Thay are there for the taking.

Smiling mallards maybe. Clients often filled their bags with Spoonbills when out there with Mr. Lee.
get-n-birdy wrote:Remember, just because it's not legal doesn't mean you can't do it, there's just a fee if you get caught.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 18, 2015 9:27 am

I do remember those photos. Lots of spoonbills but he always had a pile of birds. I think one time with ducks unlimited guys they shot a limit of green wings in twenty minutes. I am going to try marsh once this fall. It will be a riot.

tornadochaser
Mergie Marauder

Thu May 21, 2015 4:08 pm

If you motor past the islands that the pelicans nest on see if any bird flu riddled carcasses have leg bands. The banding hotline people tend to call you back really fast when you report pelican bands online. :P

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”