Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Is the MN DNR....

Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:10 am

...even considering a teal season this year? We are about a month and a half away from when the season would be and I have not heard a peep about it. I don't really pay attention to the media but I assume Fowler would have C&P an article.

If I remember correct from last year, they wanted to have more time to gain public input and wanted to see how it went for the other states. I don't know about you but I never received any request for input from the DNR. I did email them last year. The teal season in the other states went much better than expected.....so why no talk about an early teal season this year?

Harold Houck
Mergie Marauder

Re: Is the MN DNR....

Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:41 am

WI. MI. IA. etc. all posted their findings from last year... ( I posted the WI. one out here somewhere) your right way better than any of them thought it would go. Each state has a detailed analysis on their websites. It's only a 3 year study to determine if it will work or not. SO... the MN. DNR is now out 2 years’ worth of data. Good Job!!!. Wait and see gets you nowhere.
Harold Houck
Midwest Outboard
midwestoutboard@gmail.com
http://www.midwestoutboard.com
651-276-6988

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:55 am

From what I know, no there will not be a MN early teal season. Plain and simple it does not matter what the new info shows from the 3 other states when there are upper Mngt people not for it, and this became apparent to me about 6 months ago. Perhaps I will be proven wrong and will gladly accept that if we do indeed have a early teal season. If I was a betting man it is about a 30 to 1 long shot at this point in time.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:10 am

Of course not, because of tool bags like DA and the MWA, anything that allows us to take advantage of something and shoot ducks is always bad.

Everyone was terrified that shooting 3 woodies instead of 2 was going to be the end of all wood ducks. Then we decided that 3 woodies was somehow ok, go figure. They'll do the same thing with the teal season.

I'd love to see the states that took part in it and where they were able to get data from it allowed to continue the teal season. Then have Minnesota have to pay to play to get in on the teal season for being such a bag of useless hammers for not taking advantage of it and helping them gather data for it.

Minnesota, in a constant state of Chicken Little.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:26 pm

Hmmmm.... the MWA has said nothing to the DNR about the Teal season as the DNR never asked them what their position was on it. So IMHO you are pizzing into the wind on that one.

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Is the MN DNR....

Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:27 pm

Last year they took a very public position on it. I understand you are saying DNR hasn't asked and perhaps MWA hasn't directly sent the DNR their position, but it ain't like nobody knows where the MWA Board of Directors stands on this. And they represent their members right? And MWA's roots are in activism such as lobbying for game-lake legislation, feeding & resting area designation, and the state duck stamp, right? So is it safe to say MWA members are far and away more likely to vocally oppose the teal season? I think that's fair. And it's very much within their rights. You hafta admire ANY minority that gets their way!

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:50 pm

While many MWA members do feel the way you mention directly above (I am not 1 of them), the question is did the MWA leadership influence the DNR's policy regarding the early teal season? No they did not. And that is the fact of the matter.

So what is the fact? They DNR leadership heard more hunters not in favor of it than those for it.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Is the MN DNR....

Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:40 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:While many MWA members do feel the way you mention directly above (I am not 1 of them), the question is did the MWA leadership influence the DNR's policy regarding the early teal season? No they did not. And that is the fact of the matter.

So what is the fact? They DNR leadership heard more hunters not in favor of it than those for it.

Actually the dnr said they heard from nobody that was in favor or a early teal season...which I personally know as a lie.

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:46 pm

Minnesota wont kill extra teal. They want to save them for the southern boys!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:35 am

So all their excuses for not having a season last year were bs then.

I'm seriously considering hunting nd wi and canada next year and being done with mn.

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”