Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
h2ofwlr
The One And Only

2 Cans and Pintails this year

Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:04 am

Waterfowl Hunting Season Frameworks Proposed, Process for Setting Seasons Streamlined
Monday, 08/03/2015

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has proposed hunting regulations for the upcoming 2015-2016 late waterfowl seasons. Hunting season lengths of 60 days were proposed for the Atlantic and Mississippi Flyways, with 74 days for the Central Flyway (with an additional 23 days in the High Plains areas) and 107 days for the Pacific Flyway.

A full season on pintails would be offered nation-wide with a two bird daily bag limit, and a full season on canvasbacks with a two bird daily bag limit offered nation-wide.

States will select their individual seasons from within the federal frameworks that establish the earliest beginning and latest ending dates and the maximum season length and bag limits.

The Service is also streamlining the process by which it sets annual migratory game bird hunting seasons and bag limits. Beginning with the 2016-17 hunting seasons, the current two-cycle regulatory practice will be compressed into a single annual process.The new streamlined process to set annual migratory game bird hunting seasons and bag limits will rely on biological data from the past year to set hunting season dates and project appropriate harvest limits for each game species. The change will give biologists more time to analyze bird survey data that inform the Service’s regulatory decisions and will give the public more time to comment on proposed rules. The change will also ensure that administrative procedures do not delay the opening of state hunting seasons.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Re: 2 Cans and Pintails this year

Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:57 pm

There were a ton of pintails last year, glad we still can shoot 2. They are probably my favorite duck.

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:17 pm

2 cans this year should mean 2 cans next year due to the regulatory process change.

The anti-hunting duck hunters are going to soil their depends.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:42 pm

it's drier than a pop corn fart in prairie Canada right now. if it continues for another 9 months, I highly doubt that we'll see a 2 Can season a year from now. So if you never have shot 2 Bull Cans in a day yet, this fall would be a good time to try for that goal.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:39 pm

Hope we do the socially acceptable thing and take one pintail and only have the can season open when the fewest are here.

All hail governor Goofy!
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: 2 Cans and Pintails this year

Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:26 pm

get-n-birdy wrote:Hope we do the socially acceptable thing and take one pintail and only have the can season open when the fewest are here.

All hail governor Goofy!

Remember when they did that for both cans and pins. Dumbest shit ever.

That being said, with the track record of our dnr I doubt we will see an increase in the daily limit.

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:22 am

Minnesota will stick with one can while Wisconsin will take two.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Harold Houck
Mergie Marauder

Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:55 am

h2ofwlr wrote:it's drier than a pop corn fart in prairie Canada right now. if it continues for another 9 months, I highly doubt that we'll see a 2 Can season a year from now. So if you never have shot 2 Bull Cans in a day yet, this fall would be a good time to try for that goal.

Two cans? Our group was on them last year...

Harold Houck
Midwest Outboard
midwestoutboard@gmail.com
http://www.midwestoutboard.com
651-276-6988

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2 Cans and Pintails this year

Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:02 pm

gimpfinger wrote:[quote="get-n-birdy"]Hope we do the socially acceptable thing and take one pintail and only have the can season open when the fewest are here.

All hail governor Goofy!

Remember when they did that for both cans and pins. Dumbest shit ever.

That being said, with the track record of our dnr I doubt we will see an increase in the daily limit.

Team Power Dump[/quote]
Minnesota will take the conservative approach as they love to say! How does tom landwehr still have a job after the mille lacs fiasco?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:22 pm

Tom L is alright imo, it's just to much highly educated idiots that over think every thing but the things that matter.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”