Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Teal season

Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:32 pm

Well they were shooting teal in Wisconsin today. It's hot out but at least they get a shot at it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Re: Teal season

Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:39 am

In MN it was September fools day.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:10 am

Thank you Tom landwehr!

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:58 pm

Good for WI. I'm jealous of all the bagder state residents because they have a properly functioning wildlife department. As does every other state allowed a teal season that's holding a season.......every single state besides MN.

Rest assured, Tom Landwehr and the DNR are going to be held accountable for their reprehensible actions. They are going to greatly regret their teal season decision.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Big Doe Hunter
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:12 pm

Fish Felon wrote:Good for WI. I'm jealous of all the bagder state residents because they have a properly functioning wildlife department. As does every other state allowed a teal season that's holding a season.......every single state besides MN.

Rest assured, Tom Landwehr and the DNR are going to be held accountable for their reprehensible actions. They are going to greatly regret their teal season decision.

I hope your right.
get-n-birdy wrote:Remember, just because it's not legal doesn't mean you can't do it, there's just a fee if you get caught.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:46 pm

I know I'm right.

Luckily we live in a nation of laws where corrupt government agencies aren't allowed to do whatever they want.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Teal season

Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:59 am

Fish Felon wrote:Good for WI. I'm jealous of all the bagder state residents because they have a properly functioning wildlife department. As does every other state allowed a teal season that's holding a season.......every single state besides MN.

Tom landwehr would have been fired months ago in the private sector. But since he is a gov employee he will never get fired. Since when has the dnr been held accountable for anything? You really think that will change?

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:23 pm

I think there's a possibility it can, I'm going to try. They're a government agency that works for the public, they are obligated to set laws using standard procedures to ensure fairness for all citizens. They can't tell one group outside the department to pound sand and then cozy up to another group. That's how lawsuits happen.

If there was misconduct in the laws they set for the citizens of the state, which I believe there was with how the teal season decision was reached, there are ways to hold them accountable or at the very least have an outside party conduct an inquiry to review how the decision was made.

If the DNR wants to be setting hunting seasons in the year 2050 they need to completely change their culture and ideology. They need to operate inside a vacuum with a clear set of how they operate and not detour from it, and then let their trained professionals make wildlife decisions from a science based approach. Cut off public input, don't speak or listen to the press, and don't set seasons based on what you perceive as the popular opinion of hunters or any other group.

If it's OK to not hold a season based on the popular opinion of hunters and not use any justification from a science based management approach where does that end? Why can't the popular opinion of the state's residents be used to determine all other hunting and trapping seasons?

They're legally obligated to treat all citizens of this state equally. That stuff shouldn't fly now and it certainly won't fly in a generation when hunters will be a fraction of the demographic we are currently.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:50 pm

Will you tackle aeration next... Please?

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:10 pm

How about the Fisheries dept issuing minnow permits that decimate the micro invertabrates that the ducklings depend upon in the wetlands?
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”