Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Re: Mn duck hunting

Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:35 am

So do you think changing the limit to 3 will improve MN duck hunting? How is that going to attract more ducks to our state?

A vast majority of hunters in this state suck and will never shoot 6 let alone a 3 bird bag. I don't think limiting the small percentage of the good waterfowlers in the state to 3 ducks is going to make any measurable difference in the waterfowl numbers or hunter success in this state.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:21 pm

You've hunted more ducks than most? How can you do that with voluntary restrictions on yourself and 15 years under your belt.

FYI there are all kinds of ducks to hunt in Mn if you're not a duck snob.

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Mn duck hunting

Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:44 pm

WdySwat15 wrote:Ive been hunting ducks for 15 years all over this state and what it has become is just sad. There is hardly any ducks! The amount i see has just gone down every year for a long time.
I cant believe they would allow people to harvest 6 ducks ? It should be 3. Ive always been the type of hunter to not shoot hens. I rarely ever shot at teal even. It was all about mallards ,gadwall, widgeons... Nice ducks.
Them days are over. Im joining in with all of these idiots and killing every last duck that flies over.
Im flippin tired of this bullshit. Early teal season.... Really? How about close down the god dam duck season

I used to have some good spots in western mn 15 years ago. Now the are full of high water and no food. I only hunt now for a token hunt or two a year. The state is a joke.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Mn duck hunting

Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:48 pm

Nershi wrote:So do you think changing the limit to 3 will improve MN duck hunting? How is that going to attract more ducks to our state?

A vast majority of hunters in this state suck and will never shoot 6 let alone a 3 bird bag. I don't think limiting the small percentage of the good waterfowlers in the state to 3 ducks is going to make any measurable difference in the waterfowl numbers or hunter success in this state.

Like you said most in Minnesota won't ever shoot six anyway. After the first weekend you gotta hit it just right!

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:19 pm

Bailey wrote:Like you said most in Minnesota won't ever shoot six anyway. After the first weekend you gotta hit it just right!

You can shoot ducks consistently through the season if you know what you are doing and have enough time to scout. I wouldn't say you need to hit it just right. You have to hit it just right if you think you can go to the same lake, slough, etc every weekend.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:39 pm

gimpfinger wrote:FYI there are all kinds of ducks to hunt in Mn if you're not a duck snob.

Spoonie Killa! :lol:
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Mn duck hunting

Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:46 pm

Nershi wrote:[quote="Bailey"]
Like you said most in Minnesota won't ever shoot six anyway. After the first weekend you gotta hit it just right!

You can shoot ducks consistently through the season if you know what you are doing and have enough time to scout. I wouldn't say you need to hit it just right. You have to hit it just right if you think you can go to the same lake, slough, etc every weekend.[/quote]
If you have the time to scout and hunting during the week are keys. I don't have the free time to scout anymore so I just choose to hunt other states where there are alot more birds.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:23 pm

Nershi wrote:My guess is bad or 9man's? Franny usually shows up about this time of year and he is certainly a troll. This thread smelled like Franny to me. You and FF are not trolls.

To Wdyswat, if I only shot "nice ducks" my hunting in this state would suck on most days too. If you have that mentality you are living in the wrong state. Shutting down the season for several years won't change MN duck hunting. Habitat will but that isn't improving. An early teal season won't change MN duck hunting either.

My bad, I should have erased your quote from 9man's. All that guy ever does is accuse me, FF, and others of having alias' when a new guy comes in with an opinion, its an old boring game. I agree with you though, it has a slight stank of Franny, but Franny doesn't scout, he only kills ducks when he is paying guides... and he's too busy being Facebooks biggest bass douche to come on here and troll.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:28 pm

Nershi wrote:So do you think changing the limit to 3 will improve MN duck hunting? How is that going to attract more ducks to our state?

You are correct. For some reason, just like Mille Lacs, guys place 100% of any problem on harvest because its the only thing they can see happening, when in reality harvest within modern bag limits is impossible to negatively affect populations. That's why we have them.

Remember when we had a 4 duck limit for a few years? Did we see a spike in population during that time? Nope.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:10 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:[quote="gimpfinger"]FYI there are all kinds of ducks to hunt in Mn if you're not a duck snob.

Spoonie Killa! :lol:[/quote]
And buffie, ruddy, ringer, can, redhead, bluebill, wood duck, pintail, gwt, Bwt, Goldie, gadwall, widgeon, mallard killer.

I need more than two/three species of ducks to satisfy my bloodlust.

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”