Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: When a favor goes bad.

Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:49 pm

Nershi wrote:I bass fished with Franny years ago. A guy invited me to fish and also invited Franny. He is pretty similar in real life as he is on the interwebs. I seem to remember him bragging about how good of a skybuster he is.

I make sure I know someone pretty good before showing them a spot. It's backfired a few times on fishing spots but I'm a little more careful with hunting spots.

I introduced a younger buddy of mine to duck hunting last year. I didn't realize how much hunting time a grad student has. He was out hunting 'my' spot 4 days a week. He asked if it was okay so I was cool with it but it did bug me a little bit. I think duck hunting was a big part of why he failed his thesis. The disease got the best of him.

Franny seems to nea living legend!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Re: When a favor goes bad.

Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:39 pm

^^^ "Legend"? :shock: Wrong adjective completely. I met him only that 1 time, and he seemed OK, but on the internet... :roll: I think it may be a Jekyll and Hyde thing. But hensayler and others may be right on his opinion as he spent more time with him.

in Bold
Stute Slap wrote:Fowler - was Franny a dick on that hunt or was he pretty normal? normal

Did you guys talk much? He was kind of quiet, we both were. Like did you guys shake hands and act normal yes or were guys like mad at each other during the hunt? No

Can you give us a run down on the hunt and your interaction with him? We shot some ducks and 2 Specks. I passed on hens, Franny didn't as I recall. Steve shot a banded drake mallard. Walker made us laugh as only Walker can do, and Steve made us shake our heads as only Steve can do (band). I do remember getting nailed several time with those stupid J hook anchors on rubber bands--God awful things as, they coming flying out of the water like a ballistic missile. They done bloodied my knuckles :evil: That was the only downer of the hunt.

Did anyone ask him about if his gat was on safety? I don't remember

Frankly I think we both were on our best behavior. Neither wanted to spoil it being Walker was the host. I respect Walker too much to let petty crap spoil the day was the attitude I went with. Frankly if I had to choose only 1 living guy to ever waterfowl hunt with again, it'd be Walker. Those that have had the privilege to know or hunt with him, well nothing more needs to be said as you know what I am talking about.

Franny is on the right, Walker is in the middle

Last edited by h2ofwlr on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:59 pm

The only way Franny can kill anything is with a guide.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: When a favor goes bad.

Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:17 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:^^^ "Legend"? :shock: Wrong adjective completely. I met him only that 1 time, and he seemed OK, but on the internet... :roll: I think it may be a Jekyll and Hyde thing. But hensayler and others may be right on his opinion as he spent more time with him.

in Bold
[quote="Stute Slap"]Fowler - was Franny a dick on that hunt or was he pretty normal? normal

Did you guys talk much? he was kind of quiet, we both were. Like did you guys shake hands and act normal yes or were guys like mad at each other during the hunt? No

Can you give us a run down on the hunt and your interaction with him? We shot some ducks and 2 Specks. I passed on hens, Franny didn't as I recall. Steve shot a banded drake mallard. Walker made us laugh as Walker can do, and Steve made us shake out heads as only Steve can do (band). I do remember getting nailed several time with those stupid J hook anchors on runner bands--God awful things, they coming flying out of the water like a ballistic missile. they done bloodied by knuckles :evil: That was the only downer of the hunt.

Did anyone ask him about if his gat was on safety? I don't remember

Frankly I think we both were on our best behavior. Neither wanted to spoil it being Walker was the host. I respect Walker too much to let petty crap spoil the day was the attitude I went with. Frankly if I had to choose only 1 living guy to ever waterfowl hunt with again, it'd be Walker. Those that have had the privilege to know or hunt with him, well nothing more needs to be said as you know what I am talking about.

[url=http://s25.photobucket.com/user/mnh2ofwlr/media/10-11%20Hunting/Trio10-20-10.jpg.html][img]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/mnh2ofwlr/10-11%20Hunting/Trio10-20-10.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://s25.photobucket.com/user/mnh2ofwlr/media/10-11%20Hunting/STEVESBAND10-20-10.jpg.html][img]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/mnh2ofwlr/10-11%20Hunting/STEVESBAND10-20-10.jpg[/img][/url][/quote]
Is that the famous franny in the first picture? Where is franny now?

THe CRiPPLeR
This Hen's For You

Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:15 am

Man, off the forums for over a year and the first post I click on is about that ass clown Franny... I should of assumed he would atleast be mentioned when I read the title of the thread. SMH :?
AKA HenSlayer
If its brown its down, if it flies it..., well I cripple it

Secure huntings future, introduce someone new to the outdoors.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:20 am

That looked like an epic epic hunt

THe CRiPPLeR
This Hen's For You

Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:25 am

shnelson wrote:And what happened to henslayer? I think he's the only one that's still got that photoshop I did of franny as a yeti in the game cam.

Im right here... Haven't been on the forums in forever. Just happened to decide to see what was going on in the interwebs and this is what I found... Franny!
AKA HenSlayer

THe CRiPPLeR
This Hen's For You

Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:33 am

Hows everybody been? JRP, Brose, Fowler, Slap Nuts and everybody else.
AKA HenSlayer

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:33 pm

I wanna meet franny!

Mr. Lee
I'll Swat Your Decoys

Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:02 pm

It wasn't a guided hunt.At least involving a transfer of money or goods. That would be illegal!!!!

Walker arranged the hunt…and I agreed to do it. I know Walker and he wanted to see what would happen. I think he thought everyone would drive me nuts. But, in reality it was just four guys out there enjoying a day of duck hunting. Nobody was angry or upset about anything. Walker talked way to much as usual. Fowler talked less than he does if you meet him on the street. Franny….if I remember correctly just talked a normal amount.

We all shot some ducks and we got a couple of specks. I don't remember much about killing hens. There may have been a hen of two that fowler passed on that walker, franny of myself shot.

I think everyone enjoyed the day.

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”