Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
Jrp267
Mergie Marauder

When a favor goes bad.

Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:41 pm

A few years ago a US Service member was back from service looking for someone to hunt with. I went with. Later in the season when he was struggling to find birds I told of one of my spots. It always sucks when you then later find that person there with 3 other hunters. Just a vent. Never again will I give out a spot. There's always one bad apple. No good deed goes unpunished.

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Re: When a favor goes bad.

Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:45 pm

Never give spots away. You spend to much time, energy and $ into finding a good spot to give it away.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:46 pm

He must be a Democrat and felt that he was entitled to it! :lol:

Anyone remember the ongoing dispute a few years ago between Franny and henslayer? Now that was a very shady thing Franny did!
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:02 am

Was that the same deal as when Franny wouldn't put his gun on safety - ever - and called the guy who brought him's girlfriend a bitch?

That was a great story.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:16 am

that was a classic.......
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:18 am

That really sucks when that guy couldn't have contacted you to join him for a hunt there. I mean that if he was planning on hunting in the spot you shared, you would have thought that he would have contacted you first, not several other guys. He should have kept that shared spot to himself.

I salute you though for taking your time to help a Vet. Too bad this Vet turned out to be a jerk.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:20 am

9manfan wrote:that was a classic.......

Who was the guy that brought Franny on that hunt?

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:40 am

I don't recall who it was, but Franny pissed him off to no end.......
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:48 am

9manfan wrote:I don't recall who it was, but Franny pissed him off to no end.......

It was a guy from around Forest Lake I think.......was it Deet?

deet
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:50 am

Far be it from me to ever live anywhere near Forest Lake, or to hunt with a stranger, or to show someone one of my spots. I don't think I ever even knew who Franny was in the cyberworld. What was his username(s)?

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”