Forum rules
NOTICE! These forums are intended for CIVIL discussion around waterfowl hunting. If you've got an axe to grind or rant to make, do it in the MNFOWL's Misguided Children forum.
lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Re: When a favor goes bad.

Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:22 pm

This might be the most egregious thread jacking ever....

Franny~ started as StFrancisDkHtr or some other deal, that's where "Franny" came from. He was woodyswat, ilikewoodys and posted something here recently that I think had some woody issue. His MO is generally a troll..... put out some odd question about something, get someone working really hard to solve his problem, the he goes dbag and gets the people taking the internet seriously all riled up.

FF~ Luke L, Nick M, etc. Different dude than Franny, different MO. FF cycles through thoughtful engagement, then goes to aggressive paradigm, then pot stirring, then his characters have historically gone deep end. The new name starts after a cooling off period, and he resets. I think FF has been the longest living moniker and the most focused/productive. While we won't get Old Man and the Slough again, or maybe even a carved pumpkin, FF has been way more engaging than the predecessors.

The primary entertainment value of the two is different.

Franny~ it's in watching the people taking him seriously get suckered in and them losing it

FF~ it's much more in the craft, persona development, etc. When one of the previous characters had Dani (crack addict lesbian wife I believe), that was some serous character development.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:52 pm

Ya'll forgot ilikepie, another frannyisim.

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:13 pm

I had a lengthy post, but lanyard's covered it better than I ever could.

I will say that Franny is a nuisance, and used to be a persistent one at that. I don't mind the minor trolling, sometimes it's entertaining. But he's been a blatant idiot in every one of his attempts. Oddly enough, I think you can still find him as rumriverrat on the fishingmn forums.

Not to be confused with Fish Felon, Nick M. etc. Unlike reading Franny's posts where I feel like my intellect is fading away with every word read, I have found FF's posts to be somewhat enlightening as of late. It's obvious his intentions are of entertainment value (sometimes grim), but hey, I guess that's why these forums are here. He's done a pretty good job of keeping the gloves on & until someone flags a post (which hasn't happened yet), it's game on I suppose.

Back to the original post - was said member of the service out of stacy? I might have sold him an old duck boat when he first came back, we never got a chance to hunt carlos avery together though.

shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:14 pm

And what happened to henslayer? I think he's the only one that's still got that photoshop I did of franny as a yeti in the game cam.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:36 pm

So who has actually met franny other than fowler,?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Jrp267
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:57 pm

Don't want to actually out the guy. But it was a total DBag move. I was so pissed when I seen him there. I will never share a spot again. Like it was said by someone else, way to much time and money invested.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:44 pm

Bailey wrote:So who has actually met franny other than fowler,?
Walker, mr Lee, henslayer (or is it sayler?)

Bailey wrote: Fowler was buddies with Frannie?

God NOOOOO!!!
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:33 am

Fowler - was Franny a dick on that hunt or was he pretty normal?

Did you guys talk much? Like did you guys shake hands and act normal or were guys like mad at each other during the hunt?

Can you give us a run down on the hunt and your interaction with him?

Did anyone ask him about if his gat was on safety?

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: When a favor goes bad.

Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:33 am

Stute Slap wrote:Fowler - was Franny a dick on that hunt or was he pretty normal?

Did you guys talk much? Like did you guys shake hands and act normal or were guys like mad at each other during the hunt?

Can you give us a run down on the hunt and your interaction with him?

Did anyone ask him about if his gat was on safety?

Is that the famous marsh lake hunt with mr. lee?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:42 pm

I bass fished with Franny years ago. A guy invited me to fish and also invited Franny. He is pretty similar in real life as he is on the interwebs. I seem to remember him bragging about how good of a skybuster he is.

I make sure I know someone pretty good before showing them a spot. It's backfired a few times on fishing spots but I'm a little more careful with hunting spots.

I introduced a younger buddy of mine to duck hunting last year. I didn't realize how much hunting time a grad student has. He was out hunting 'my' spot 4 days a week. He asked if it was okay so I was cool with it but it did bug me a little bit. I think duck hunting was a big part of why he failed his thesis. The disease got the best of him.

Return to “Waterfowl Hunting”